Mission: Impossible?

Frobby

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Frobby said:

"Your mission -- should you decide to accept it -- is to go into the Bronx and win 3 of 4 games this weekend."

Impossible?    No, just highly improbable.    But I'd like our playoff chances much better if we could pull it off.

Miley v. Tanaka

Hellickson v.  Severino

Jimenez v. Sabathia

Bundy (?) v. Gray

I'm not going to overanalyze this.    Win tonight against Tanaka (4.82 ERA, got shelled in Texas last time out but overall has been pitching very well since late July), and go from there.   Score some runs, already!

Bundy is not starting Sunday according to the Sun. 

The Orioles don’t have a day off in their next turn in the rotation, but Showalter indicated Wednesday that Bundy likely wouldn’t make his next start in turn to continue to give him extra rest.

“This is all designed for him to pitch in October,” Showalter said. “We’re going to continue to make sure of that. We’ve got some numbers we’re looking at. He’s in good shape right now.

Right-hander Ubaldo Jiménez would be in line to pitch that day, but the club could also start right-hander Chris Tillman. Showalter has shuffled Tillman and Jimenez in and out of the bullpen in recent weeks, so it’s possible he could do that again and give the start to Tillman.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-bundy-ynoa-notes-20170914-story.html

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, this is one of the best (and most underrate) shows ever.

The circumstances of the show were very similar to another excellent seriesRoom 222.

o

Wow, now that you mention it, I hadn't thought of Room 222 in several decades - just remember liking it a lot and thinking Karen Valentine was cute.  I'm gonna need to watch some re-runs.          

6 hours ago, foxfield said:

No we have about 1.1% chance.  That is significantly better than Zero.  And taking 3 or 4 in NY as the sweep in Boston recently, would perk the chances up more.  

But of course 1.1% IS NOT very close to being in either.

Sorry but I already gave up on the WC for the O's. 

7 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Bundy is not starting Sunday according to the Sun. 

The Orioles don’t have a day off in their next turn in the rotation, but Showalter indicated Wednesday that Bundy likely wouldn’t make his next start in turn to continue to give him extra rest.

“This is all designed for him to pitch in October,” Showalter said. “We’re going to continue to make sure of that. We’ve got some numbers we’re looking at. He’s in good shape right now.

Right-hander Ubaldo Jiménez would be in line to pitch that day, but the club could also start right-hander Chris Tillman. Showalter has shuffled Tillman and Jimenez in and out of the bullpen in recent weeks, so it’s possible he could do that again and give the start to Tillman.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-bundy-ynoa-notes-20170914-story.html

Is Bundy pitching in the AFL?  I'm just trying to figure out where he would pitch in October?

5 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Wow, now that you mention it, I hadn't thought of Room 222 in several decades - just remember liking it a lot and thinking Karen Valentine was cute.  I'm gonna need to watch some re-runs.          

Took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, Karen Valentine. I was probably 7 or 8 when this came out and I was in love with her from the get go. 

Monk3loveAMstyle1.jpg

Caption: "It's room service. I asked if there was anything sweet in the kitchen at this hour and they sent up Karen Valentine. Thank you."

I wonder if the O's will shut Bundy down entirely once they are eliminated.   We'll have 12 games to go after this weekend.     Assuming Bundy starts on Monday, he'd get at most 2 starts after that, and possibly only one.   But perhaps it will be zero.   

Archived