Winter Meetings 2017

weams

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I think Manny is going to be traded.   I truly hope it's not to the Yankees.

I agree.  I think they've presented Angelos the options on "reloading" and it's too expensive for him.

Plus, Manny's agent is pushing this SS thing which he knows is not going to fly with the O's given they have no 3b and they have a cheap Beckham for 3 more years.

However, there is zero chance Angelos will sign off on a trade to the Yankees.

Just now, Going Underground said:

Do you think it will get done at the Winter Meetings? I don't. Also do you think Buck was a big fan of Manny?

The second question is pretty interesting.  Why would Buck be anything other than a big fan of Manny?  He has been immature at times sure, but still...

14 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I think Manny is going to be traded.   I truly hope it's not to the Yankees.

Rosenthal says Angelos will not trade with the Yankees, so I wouldn't worry about that. The Yankees are clearing payroll to sign him next offseason though, that's a damn fact.

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

The second question is pretty interesting.  Why would Buck be anything other than a big fan of Manny?  He has been immature at times sure, but still...

I don't think Buck is a big fan of players/agents dictating his lineup card.  Goes for Beckham and MVP Sports/Machado.

I also don't think he was a big fan of Machado's approach at the plate last season.

23 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

I don't think Buck is a big fan of players/agents dictating his lineup card.  Goes for Beckham and MVP Sports/Machado.

I also don't think he was a big fan of Machado's approach at the plate last season.

Well that explains the whole situation with Kim... ;) 

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Dan just told Mel Antonen he is counting on one of Castro or Ynoa to fill a slot for the Orioles 2018 rotation. 

Wow, did he actually use the words "counting on"?   I certainly wouldn't have minded those two guys competing for the #5 spot with a borderline guy like Harvey or Tillman.

What I sure as heck don't want to see is Harvey or Tillman pencilled in at #4 and COUNTING ON those guys to be #5.

Sheesh.

Archived