Any Chance We See Tillman Up Soon?

OsandBohs11

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he is going to be our best pitcher in a few years and that is why I wouldn't even think of calling him up and starting his service time.

Personally, I hope Penn gets healthy soon and he's our next call-up. He's out of options after the season and we need to see what we've got.

I'm of the opinion that no pitchers that we look to be contributors down the road should see the service time clock start this season unless they are already in AAA.

He had another very good outing tonight. Kershaw never pitched in AAA. Tillman is now 7-1 and his K's are way up. He should at least be promoted, but I feel like he could be the next guy up.

Kershaw is much more mechanically advanced and ready than Tillman.

Kershaw is much more mechanically advanced and ready than Tillman.

What are you basing this on? Not necessarily disagreeing with you and I don't want to see Tillman until next year in B-More, but the guy has been outstanding and consistent. Not sure how he could be so far behind Kershaw in any aspect.

Just curious, but if DC was promoted and other pitchers are from AA, what Tillman need to improve to get the call (maybe in Sept)?

Get deeper in games consistently. Seriously, last night's 6 innings was a deep game for him this year. He throws too many pitches and doesn't last long enough in the game. He is not ready yet. He will be but not yet.

Just looking at the stats, it looks like Tillman misses bats but he's also still missing the glove quite a bit. I think he needs to get those walks under control unless that sub .200 BAA is going to follow him as he progresses - point being it can be expected that he will allow more hits in AAA and MLB. Don't get me wrong, he's doing great, but there is still plenty for him to work on.

If you mean "up" to Norfolk, then I'd agree. But he's only 20 and they probably want to see if he can master AA for an entire season before rushing him to Norfolk or even Baltimore.

I hope that does not happen. I would love to see him at AAA soon. However I see him getting shut down in Sept for two reasons. One, the number of innings he will have pitched and two, they don't want to start his major league service clock.

Archived