Non-Roster Invites.

weams

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I think that depends. I think it's possible Stewart gets the call first if they're going to try and push back Hays' clock and buy an extra year of control.

The downside is that they’d have to add Stewart to the 40-man roster and then possibly use one of his options if he was sent down when the injured player was healthy.   I really don’t want him called up unless he’s expected to stay up.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The downside is that they’d have to add Stewart to the 40-man roster and then possibly use one of his options if he was sent down when the injured player was healthy.   I really don’t want him called up unless he’s expected to stay up.   

I agree, and I dont see the team doing that either, they are pretty smart when it comes to the 40 man roster and options

30 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I wonder since he will be innings limited, he will be held out of ST

Who said his innings will be limited? Bundy went past his suggested limit and Buck said (unexpectedly) that he didn’t believe in them in general.

In any case, he isn’t being held out of ST.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Who said his innings will be limited? Bundy went past his suggested limit and Buck said (unexpectedly) that he didn’t believe in them in general.

In any case, he isn’t being held out of ST.

I think they were very ginger in Bundy's usage.

109, his first year in the bigs.

Note, Buck said that in year 2 of Bundy.

Go back and you should see quotes about Bundy and compared to the Nats and how they slowly brought Stasburg around. He said they did the right thing, at the end of the day, you want a long term career, and not worth the short term gain.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Go back and you should see quotes about Bundy and compared to the Nats and how they slowly brought Stasburg around. He said they did the right thing, at the end of the day, you want a long term career, and not worth the short term gain.

They did the opposite of what the Nats did with SS. They kept his innings in check so he could be available for PS play.

But at the start of the season the limit was supposed to be 80, he blew past that and they said it was never the plan to suit the narrative.

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

They did the opposite of what the Nats did with SS. They kept his innings in check so he could be available for PS play.

But at the start of the season the limit was supposed to be 80, he blew past that and they said it was never the plan to suit the narrative.

There was a plan, that Buck never took time to explain to the public.

I dont think he believe in an exact magical number, too.

But, look how he used his. He didnt up and down him in the pen warming up and gave him plenty of rest after pitching in relief.

and he didnt start until some point in mid-season

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

There was a plan, that Buck never took time to explain to the public.

I dont think he believe in an exact magical number, too.

But, look how he used his. He didnt up and down him in the pen warming up and gave him plenty of rest after pitching in relief.

and he didnt start until some point in mid-season

There was a plan and the number of innings had a max of 80 innings, suggested by club officials. That changed out of need.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wbal.com/article/176853/6/reports-orioles-dylan-bundy-will-make-first-start-in-majors-sunday/amp

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Timing affects TJ surgery recovery so much.    Strasburg was injured in August 2010, having already pitched 123 innings that year between the majors and the minors.    He returned the following August and got in 44 innings before the season was over.   The next year, the Nats limited him to 159 innings.   

The paths of Bundy and Harvey have been much more tortuous.   Strasburg basically missed 11.5 months of action, most of it in a single season.    Bundy missed all of 2013 with TJ, threw only 41 innings in 2014, then had the calcium deposit issue and pitched only 22 innings in 2015.    Strasburg never had an extended gap like that.    Similar to Bundy, Harvey missed all of 2015, then threw 12.2 and 18.2 the next two years.    He’s really building up from a very low base, and I doubt we see him throw more than 100 innings this year.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Timing affects TJ surgery recovery so much.    Strasburg was injured in August 2010, having already pitched 123 innings that year between the majors and the minors.    He returned the following August and got in 44 innings before the season was over.   The next year, the Nats limited him to 159 innings.   

The paths of Bundy and Harvey have been much more tortuous. 

Harvey missed all of 2015, then threw 12.2 and 18.2 the next two years.    He’s really building up from a very low base, and I doubt we see him throw more than 100 innings this year.  

That’s probably about right since Bundy was around there. I question whether it wouldn’t be wise to keep him on a starter’s schedule at Norfolk, limiting his innings per outing to 5 and then bringing him up when rosters expand.

19 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

That’s probably about right since Bundy was around there. I question whether it wouldn’t be wise to keep him on a starter’s schedule at Norfolk, limiting his innings per outing to 5 and then bringing him up when rosters expand.

Harvey is not starting in Norfolk.  He is likely to start in Frederick.

Archived