Buck's comment today on Chris Tillman

accinfo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/30/2018 at 12:37 PM, murph said:

Twins and Brewers in on everyone:

Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that the Twins have interest in free agent right-hander Chris Tillman.
Yu Darvish remains the Twins' top priority and they've also been linked to Lance Lynn and Alex Cobb, but the club is also looking at adding back-end rotation depth in the event that they are unable to land a big name. Tillman was flat-out awful last season, posting a 7.84 ERA in 19 starts and five relief appearances. He would presumably accept a one-year deal in hopes of restoring his value and hitting the open market again next winter. Bollinger also notes that chief baseball officer Derek Falvey hasn't ruled out giving Jaime Garcia another try.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4678/chris-tillman

Good let's the Twins sign him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 11:47 AM, wildcard said:
On 2/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, birdwatcher55 said:

I agree totally. Give this man a one year contract. 

It has to be a one year with a low base salary.  2M at most with incentives.   I see him getting a minor  league contract though.

It might as well be with us, given the history and that we still need, like, 7 starters.

If the O's can sign Tillman to a low base salary, even for a major league deal then I want him.  If he wants a higher salary then they have to let him go.    The O's must be able to DFA him if he sucks again this year.   If his base salary is too high they will not be able to do that.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

If the O's can sign Tillman to a low base salary, even for a major league deal then I want him.  If he wants a higher salary then they have to let him go.    The O's must be able to DFA him if he sucks again this year.   If his base salary is too high they be too stubborn to do that.

Fixed that for you.    A sunk cost is a sunk cost, but the O’s have proven to stubborn to cut expensive guys who show no sign of being able to perform at a reasonable level.   It’s not that they can’t do it, they simply won’t.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

If the O's can sign Tillman to a low base salary, even for a major league deal then I want him.  If he wants a higher salary then they have to let him go.    The O's must be able to DFA him if he sucks again this year.   If his base salary is too high they will not be able to do that.

Incentives incentives incentives.

Archived