Schoop absence from Fanfest

Going Underground

33 minutes ago, interloper said:

Surprise, surprise... it's the same agency Schoop uses. Maybe a reason why both have held out, but also maybe reason to hope Gausman's settlement is soon to follow.

I remember Gausman being a difficult sign when drafted.  He ate up all the overslot money the Orioles had accumulated.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

You said one of the best 2B in the last 40 years. You didn’t specify Orioles. I selected RC because it wasn’t WAR. And again, you selecting HRs to further your argument seems more like cherry picking. Schoop’s season can only be called ‘historic’ if you were talking Orioles. And even then, CoC provided enough examples to show it wasn’t, but whatever.

I think we had reached a good ending to our discussion about it before you came in and had to get the last word. My comment about the 40 years was in direct response to CoC's WAR comment - that is, Schoop has had top 5 rWAR of any Oriole 2B in the last 40 years. He named only Oriole 2B while rebutting me by citing Grich and Alomar. I don't really know what to tell you. We were always talking Orioles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived