Roch: There’s a growing sense that the Orioles are close to finding a veteran starting pitcher."

weams

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

The Orioles could sign one of Cobb/Lynn, Vargas, and Tillman and Jon Jay and still be below the payroll last year. Maybe even see if Jonathan Lucroy will sign a 1 year deal at C (since offensive players have had luck building up their value here). And call it an off-season.

I would really like to get Lucroy on a one -year deal. I don't get the sense Sisco is ready defensively and Lucroy has been considered a plus defensive catcher by most pitchers that've thrown to him prior to last year. He's also a good bet to bounce back offensively. 

23 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I would really like to get Lucroy on a one -year deal. I don't get the sense Sisco is ready defensively and Lucroy has been considered a plus defensive catcher by most pitchers that've thrown to him prior to last year. He's also a good bet to bounce back offensively. 

Most definitley.  And at the deadline if they're out of it, flip him for a prospect. I too think Lucroy will bounce back.

7 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Yes, but that is not hopeful at all. Who will it be? Ubaldo is a veteran but I might puke in my mouth if I find out we signed him.

Don't think there is any chance of that. It's probably Tillman. Big wow DD. What an improvement. 

45 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Really.  I mean if we're looking at a Steve Trachsel type,  I mean...I guess you gotta get someone out there every few days who can throw a ball towards home plate with a moderate velocity and questionable location.  

I just don't care anymore.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2018 Baltimore Orioles!

6 hours ago, gmelson26 said:

Roch's post heavily implies it's Tillman.. which would be fine if we're taking a flyer on him competing for the 5th or 6th spot.. but to your point, it sounds as though he's probably penciled in for the 3 or 4 spot the way Roch is wording it.  Ugh.

Shoot. Everything always stays the same with this organization. No smart moves. 

Archived