Cashner signing

jcaponio

Decent signing and not a particularly high risk one. If he goes all Ubaldo, we can cut bait without too much regret. But he has the potential to be a legitimate mid-rotation guy. Given that we have exactly two guys who have proven anything returning next year in the rotation, it's good to have a third guy. I'd love to sign one more SP in the next couple weeks. And this contract allows us to do so.

55 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Cashner might not be an ace but he’s far from Miley and Ubaldo. We just need Cashner to give us 175IP at a sub 4.50 era and it will be worth it. 

I’ll take the under on innings and the over on ERA.

I also think Miley outperforms him because Miley returns to being something in the neighborhood of average.

8 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Aint going to happen. Frobby says you cant say never, but to this, I say, never going to happen.

I agree, you all thinking we signing any of these type of pithers are dreaming. Tillman the 4 and Jose mesa will be the 5 is more believable. No way duquette signs Lynn or Cobb. I am amazed you all would even think that had a chance of happening

I do think they sign one more free agent pitcher. Who will it be? Tillman? Vargas? I think it is unlikely that they get Lynn, but I know I've read they've been in contact with him this winter, so I'm not ready to say it's impossible. 

Is there any chance of trying to sign RA Dickey, or is he retiring? He might be a decent fit. 

4 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I do think they sign one more free agent pitcher. Who will it be? Tillman? Vargas? I think it is unlikely that they get Lynn, but I know I've read they've been in contact with him this winter, so I'm not ready to say it's impossible. 

Is there any chance of trying to sign RA Dickey, or is he retiring? He might be a decent fit. 

I think if they were going to sign Tillman, it'd have already happened.  They have more info on him than anyone else and the fact they haven't moved to sign him tells me he hasn't gotten his arm slot or release point back.

Just now, Luke-OH said:

I think if they were going to sign Tillman, it'd have already happened.  They have more info on him than anyone else and the fact they haven't moved to sign him tells me he hasn't gotten his arm slot or release point back.

You might be right. But there aren't a lot of options for the salary they would be willing to offer. 

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I think he wants a ML deal and no one is willing to give him one.