vs. Red Sox 2/25 (Spring Training)

weams

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Didn’t see the game, going to catch the replay tonight, sounds like Mesa got roughed up. Curious to see if was not carrying his normal stuff or if his command/control was just really off.

I thought the first HR allowed was a decent pitch. Slider/CU that broke down but was middle of the plate.

I’d say control was a problem with 3 BB, but he didn’t command in the zone very well either. The second HR was a flat FB he left up.

4 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I thought the first HR allowed was a decent pitch. Slider/CU that broke down but was middle of the plate.

I’d say control was a problem with 3 BB, but he didn’t command in the zone very well either. The second HR was a flat FB he left up.

Thanks, I just caught his outing on the mlbtv replay. He was all over the place with his release point. I watched almost 30 innings of him pitching last season and he wasted more pitches in this one outing than those 30 innings combined. I wish there was a radar gun reading, it’d give me a better idea of if there is something wrong physically or if it was just a bad outing/nerves.

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Thanks, I just caught his outing on the mlbtv replay. He was all over the place with his release point. I watched almost 30 innings of him pitching last season and he wasted more pitches in this one outing than those 30 innings combined. I wish there was a radar gun reading, it’d give me a better idea of if there is something wrong physically or if it was just a bad outing/nerves.

I see the Orioles' coaching is already having an effect.  :P

Archived