First cut

wildcard

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Brugman's good catch today may keep him from being in the first cut.   It offset the bad throw he made yesterday.

Unfortunately for him, he made a base running blunder getting doubled off second on a weak liner. Then when he moved to right, he had no idea where Snyder's triple to right field was, he was looking at Mullins the whole time while drifting back. I guess he could of lost it in the high sky

18 minutes ago, Triple Crown said:

Unfortunately for him, he made a base running blunder getting doubled off second on a weak liner. Then when he moved to right, he had no idea where Snyder's triple to right field was, he was looking at Mullins the whole time while drifting back. I guess he could of lost it in the high sky

Thanks.  Didn't get to listen to that part of the game.

16 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Do we know when the first cuts will be? It's going to have to be soon given the sheer number of arms in camp and limited number of innings available. 

Buck said yesterday nothing was imminent.   My guess is Monday, which is an off day.   

1 hour ago, weams said:

Mullins, Mountcastle, Faulkner, Ferrell, Gamboa, Melville

Why would the O's cut Mullins and Mountcastle in the first cut?  These guys look like gray pants guys for quite a while.   Beckham, Jones, Mancini and Rasmus are unlikely to travel much.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Why would the O's cut Mullins and Mountcastle in the first cut?  These guys look like gray pants guys for quite a while.   Beckham, Jones, Mancini and Rasmus are unlikely to travel much.

No reason to keep them around, if the org plans on having them start the year at AAA.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

No reason to keep them around, if the org plans on having them start the year at AAA.

These are two of the guys that have shown well in early camp.  The more experience  they can get playing against major leaguers the better.   That is who they will face if they start the games on the road.

Mountcastle probably begins the season at AA.  Mullins at AAA.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

These are two of the guys that have shown well in early camp.  The more experience  they can get playing against major leaguers the better.   That is who they will face if they start the games on the road.

I don’t expect either of them to disappear at the first cut.    I think Mountcastle lasts until mid-March, and Mullins perhaps a week longer.   

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I know Mountcastle was a late promotion to AA last season, but I thought with a strong ST and depending on what is at AAA, it would not be unrealistic to see him land at AAA.

Archived