Lance Lynn Signs with the Twins (One-Year Deal)

OFFNY

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

YES YES YES YES YES.  

If there was ever an offseason for "mid-market teams" to spend on free agent pitchers, THIS WAS IT!  

Aaaand, what have we done?  Mediocre Cashner for 2/12.  Horrible Tillman for $3mil.  Rule 5 draft picks.  

News flash, front office: even in inflated markets, those are moves that a non-contending or tanking team makes, just to get a warm body with experience who can eat innings.  SO TRADE MACHADO ALREADY YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS!  

According to NBC Sports, he had more guaranteed money from other teams - but wanted to go to the Twins. Can't really do much if that's where the pitcher wants to go.

Hopefully, the O's can get Cobb on a similar deal.

1 minute ago, theocean said:

According to NBC Sports, he had more guaranteed money from other teams - but wanted to go to the Twins. Can't really do much if that's where the pitcher wants to go.

If they get Cobb it would completely change my spirits.

This team isn't signing Cobb or Arietta.  This team has half-assed the entire winter. It won't change now. I'm sick of Angelos and as much damage DD has done it won't be nothing compared to what Brady will do.

This is going to be a long next few seasons. I only hope it doesn't reach 14 years. I'm getting too old for this bs.

1 minute ago, theocean said:

Orioles had better made an offer.  If Lynn says no there isn't much you can do, but at least try.  

Another reason this all sucks is the Orioles will have a really good and exciting offense most likely, and a really strong bullpen.  But the rotation sucks.  They actually could, potentially compete for a WC spot and make the summer interesting with a better pitcher than Wright/Castro in the rotation.

21 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

This team isn't signing Cobb or Arietta.  This team has half-assed the entire winter. It won't change now. I'm sick of Angelos and as much damage DD has done it won't be nothing compared to what Brady will do.

This is going to be a long next few seasons. I only hope it doesn't reach 14 years. I'm getting too old for this bs.

You could become a Nationals fan.   Maybe they sign Manny next season to rub it in Angelos'face.

28 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

One a one year deal to recalibrate your market you don’t pitch for the middling Orioles in Camden Yards. If you are the Orioles you don’t give up a draft pick to a better than middling starter for only one season on your middling team.

By the way Zach told Roy his Achillies did not pop or give loose. It tore when he slipped on damp grass. 

Archived