Lance Lynn Signs with the Twins (One-Year Deal)

OFFNY

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Another reason this all sucks is the Orioles will have a really good and exciting offense most likely, and a really strong bullpen.  But the rotation sucks.  They actually could, potentially compete for a WC spot and make the summer interesting with a better pitcher than Wright/Castro in the rotation.

To compete for a WC I feel like Tillman should have been a minor league deal and someone better signed in his place. Even with Cobb there is no path forward unless Bundy and Gausman progress, Cashner proves he isn't Gallardo 2.0, and Tillman shows last year was an aberration. Every single one of those things need to happen.

1 hour ago, MikeAD said:

Duquette better be hanging out in Boras Tower or Cobb's apartment whichever is best.  Send Brady to the other.  Lay down bags of money.  Repeat. 

Brady is too obsessed with Mike Wright and it wouldn't surprise if that is one of the many reasons why don't sign another pitcher. 

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Moderators: ) I put this in the Orioles Talk section because of its relevance to the Orioles NOT signing Lynn.

I hope that you allow it to stay here for a few hours before transferring it to the MLB section ........ unless you think it should stay here because of the enormous kick in the balls that it feels like to us (particularly because of the fact that he was had for only one year, which would have been ideal for the Orioles.)

o

Because PA got burned by Ubaldo and Galliardo so he will never spend again.  Also his fault by CD.  

1 hour ago, weams said:

One a one year deal to recalibrate your market you don’t pitch for the middling Orioles in Camden Yards. If you are the Orioles you don’t give up a draft pick to a better than middling starter for only one season on your middling team.

By the way Zach told Roy his Achillies did not pop or give loose. It tore when he slipped on damp grass. 

Plus starting pitchers don't seem to thrive or remake their career with the Orioles. Miley looks like he has found himself again.We shall see.

1 hour ago, weams said:

One a one year deal to recalibrate your market you don’t pitch for the middling Orioles in Camden Yards. If you are the Orioles you don’t give up a draft pick to a better than middling starter for only one season on your middling team.

By the way Zach told Roy his Achillies did not pop or give loose. It tore when he slipped on damp grass. 

Boras didn't provide him with a grass dryer?

1 hour ago, weams said:

A 32 year old Lynn next year isn't going to do better than a 3 year deal. Orioles could have gone 3 years with an option. If they did offer that, then whatever they tried. 

I'd be willing to bet they offered like 2/20. In that case, Lynn will risk a 1 year deal. 

This team will be middling because they lack SP. Lynn would have helped that. This team is full of excuses for why they couldn't do this or that. That's the one thing they have excelled at under Angelos.

Well, the excuses have run out. They want to make 1 more run with Machado? Fine..then go for it. But, there is ZERO reason to go into this season with Machado AND a garbage rotation. Again...half-assed. No direction. It's back to the same old same old. I wouldn' t care if I didn't love this team and would just like to see 1 WS I can remember.

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Lance Lynn Heading to the Twins After 6-Year Run in St. Louis

(ESPN.Com News Services)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22716192/lance-lynn-minnesota-twins-reach-one-year-deal

o

o

Lance Lynn to the Twins was Going to Happen ...... but only on the Team’s Terms

(By Judd Zulgad)

http://www.1500espn.com/twins-2/2018/03/zulgad-lance-lynn-twins-going-happen-teams-terms/

o

Archived