Big Bundy start today

interloper

• 4.1 IP, 10 ER. 
  • ~90 MPH fastball so far this spring.
  • No feel for breaking pitches yet.
  • Slotted as #2 starter right now.

Pretttttttttttttty big start that we get to see broadcast on the Pittsburgh TV network. If he pitches well, you throw out the previous two starts, obviously. If he has a third clunker though? Orioles will be in scramble mode for sure.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious what you mean by "scramble mode."   

All the evidence seems to be that we are not looking to add another starter before Opening Day.  I hope we do sign Cobb and I am proven wrong though.

If Bundy has a bad start today he will still be guaranteed to be our #1 or #2 starter.

5 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Bundy is in the rotation.. to that end, it doesn't matter how he performs today. If he's healthy, he's in there.

Sure. The question becomes, if he continues to get bombed while showing basically no "stuff", is he really healthy? 

5 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Curious what you mean by "scramble mode."   

All the evidence seems to be that we are not looking to add another starter before Opening Day.  I hope we do sign Cobb and I am proven wrong though.

If Bundy has a bad start today he will still be guaranteed to be our #1 or #2 starter.

By scramble mode, I basically just mean they will be considering whether or not to put him on the DL or "rehab" in extended spring training, while looking at other options to fill the rotation spot out of the current crop of Cortes, Castro, Wright, etc. 

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

By scramble mode, I basically just mean they will be considering whether or not to put him on the DL or "rehab" in extended spring training, while looking at other options to fill the rotation spot out of the current crop of Cortes, Castro, Wright, etc. 

I don't think they'll be doing that at all, unless there's legitimate reason to believe he is injured.  

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I don't think they'll be doing that at all, unless there's legitimate reason to believe he is injured.  

Complete lack of both fastball and breaking stuff would be a pretty good reason to at least feel like something's not right, no?

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not one to panic considering Bundy’s poor performance last spring, but it certainly would be good to see an uptick in his stuff this time out.

To my point, Bundy pitched a year ago today — 2 IP, 5 ER.   He followed that up with 4 IP, 3 ER; 4.2 IP, 4 ER; and 6 IP, 5 ER.   So that’s 16.2 IP, 17 ER in his final four starts of the spring last year.

Just now, Frobby said:

To my point, Bundy pitched a year ago today — 2 IP, 5 ER.   He followed that up with 4 IP, 3 ER; 4.2 IP, 4 ER; and 6 IP, 5 ER.   So that’s 16.2 IP, 17 ER in his final four starts of the spring last year.

The difference is, he's one more year removed from TJS now, and has a good full year under his belt in the ML.

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

The difference is, he's one more year removed from TJS now, and has a good full year under his belt in the ML.

I don’t really care about that.   I’m more interested in how his stuff looks than the results.   If he’s still throwing 90 mph that would make me nervous.    

Archived