John Angelos and Brady taking over? (note on Boras as well)

O's are Legends

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Imagine that. Either way, they didn't step up. 

We think they didn't, because they didnt get him, but we really have no clue, how much they offered, or if they did.

If Cashner had signed elsewhere, would we know that Brady visited Cashner face to face in November 2017 and started the discussions????

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Well, that was something a poster mentioned before. So it's hard to tell sarcasm anymore.

Your right, a single poster mentioned it, and was unable to provide source, when questioned.

Could be true, the Oriole Doctors are extremely cautious on physicals, but probably not, since supposedly the team was still engaged in talks with the big 3.

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

We think they didn't, because they didnt get him, but we really have no clue, how much they offered, or if they did.

If Cashner had signed elsewhere, would we know that Brady visited Cashner face to face in November 2017 and started the discussions????

We always hear the same old "Orioles talked to such and such agents" right up until they signed elsewhere.

I used to defend them, but they've lost the benefit of a doubt with me anymore.

18 hours ago, interloper said:

It's interesting to see Cafardo call Duquette one of the best GMs in the game after the Boston media basically ran him out of town in tears.

Maybe just maybe he is a good GM that if were working for good ownership could prove to be a good GM. I would sure hate to work for Angelos. 

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe just maybe he is a good GM that if were working for good ownership could prove to be a good GM. I would sure hate to work for Angelos. 

Yeah I don't disagree that he's a perfectly capable and maybe even very good GM. I just think the Boston media is something else, man. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Yeah I don't disagree that he's a perfectly capable and maybe even very good GM. I just think the Boston media is something else, man. 

Yes I am sure they are. I haven't read a newspaper in many years. 

6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

We always hear the same old "Orioles talked to such and such agents" right up until they signed elsewhere.

And I might be getting there too. :)

At least, guys are willing to come here now, and unlike during the dark years, when nobody wanted to come or coach here.

John Angelos has been executive vice president of the Orioles since 1999. He's been heavily involved in all things Orioles for 20+  years and there were articles several years ago about his growing responsibilities. I would expect the Orioles to stay on a very similar if not identical course if he were given full "official" reign of the organization.  

17 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I’m in the mode of “Do, or do not.   There is no try.”    If they don’t get Cobb, I really don’t care to hear explanations of why they didn’t fix the pitching issues during an offseason when prices were the lowest they’ve been in years.   I can accept Cobb/Cashner/Tillman as an adequate (not spectacular) effort to fix our pitching issues, but Cashner, Tillman and a bunch of lower-tier candidates isn’t adequate — not close.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m in the mode of “Do, or do not.   There is no try.”    If they don’t get Cobb, I really don’t care to hear explanations of why they didn’t fix the pitching issues during an offseason when prices were the lowest they’ve been in years.   I can accept Cobb/Cashner/Tillman as an adequate (not spectacular) effort to fix our pitching issues, but Cashner, Tillman and a bunch of lower-tier candidates isn’t adequate — not close.

To continue the theme of Star Wars quotes................

"I'm with you too."

13 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

John Angelos has been executive vice president of the Orioles since 1999. He's been heavily involved in all things Orioles for 20+  years and there were articles several years ago about his growing responsibilities. I would expect the Orioles to stay on a very similar if not identical course if he were given full "official" reign of the organization.  

He was definitely in the warehouse for a long time. i thought I had read he was a vice president and MASN and didnt do much with the Orioles since MASN was formed but I guess that obviously changed.  

Archived