Who gets DFA'd to make room for Rasmus, Gentry, Valencia and Joely?

wildcard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I can see it now, Tillman early DFA  and ends up elsewhere and back to pitching well, then every single poster that wanted Tillman gone, will be complaining that the org cut him too soon.

I'm not exactly worried about that.  More likely is he struggles in April and most of May, gets banished to the 'pen, continues to struggle, and they finally cut bait with him somewhere around mid-season.  Then he goes unsigned for the remainder of the year, and likely for good.  Maybe if he's lucky he gets a MiL deal next spring.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

I'm not exactly worried about that.  More likely is he struggles in April and most of May, gets banished to the 'pen, continues to struggle, and they finally cut bait with him somewhere around mid-season.  Then he goes unsigned for the remainder of the year, and likely for good.  Maybe if he's lucky he gets a MiL deal next spring.

Buck will put him in the pen but will barely use him in that role.  He will however get a couple spot starts.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Buck will put him in the pen but will barely use him in that role.  He will however get a couple spot starts.

Everyone seems awfully sure how Buck and the organization will deal with Tillman if he struggles. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Everyone seems awfully sure how Buck and the organization will deal with Tillman if he struggles. 

Going off of prior behavior.  He pitched less than eight innings in relief last year.  Ubaldo was rarely used as a reliever when he was sent to the pen.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Going off of prior behavior.  He pitched less than eight innings in relief last year.  Ubaldo was rarely used as a reliever when he was sent to the pen.

Yup, and Buck kept starting him after it was pretty obvious that he was not right.   I like that he is loyal, but that should only go so far.

7 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Yup, and Buck kept starting him after it was pretty obvious that he was not right.   I like that he is loyal, but that should only go so far.

I don't think Buck would go as far this year, but there's no way to know.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've never heard of a guaranteed contract that allowed the player to be cut for a portion of his guaranteed salary.

Why do you think it took the O's so long to sign Tillman? Maybe contract issues?

Archived