Trumbo out 3-4 weeks

Greg

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Rasmus in LF?

It’s a consideration because there’s more ground to cover at OPACY in LF. However, Rasmus is a plus defender and the wall in RF has been known to be an added negative. Remember when Markakis was still a solid defender and yet he was receiving less than solid marks?

Maybe I’m remembering wrong and he was already in defensive decline as well. There was some talk here about the questionable marks and the wall playing a part as I recall.

Anyway, Santander seems to be moving pretty well and is better than advertised, although, I thought he looked athletic enough last year.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I'm not intending to sell him short.  Rasmus would be in RF and Santander would DH against lefties.  Santander would play RF and Valencia would DH against lefties.  For some lefties you could play Gentry in left and Mancini to 1B or DH with Valencia.

Right.

14 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

It’s a consideration because there’s more ground to cover at OPACY in LF. However, Rasmus is a plus defender and the wall in RF has been known to be an added negative. Remember when Markakis was still a solid defender and yet he was receiving less than solid marks?

Maybe I’m remembering wrong and he was already in defensive decline as well. There was some talk here about the questionable marks and the wall playing a part as I recall.

Anyway, Santander seems to be moving pretty well and is better than advertised, although, I thought he looked athletic enough last year.

I honestly don't remember that question about OPACY defensive metrics ever being answered (one way or the other).

Just now, Il BuonO said:

You’re no help. 

;)

I honestly have wanted that answer for years.  It seemingly was raised then swept under the rug because nobody could answer it (please correct me if I'm wrong).

IIRC (heavy qualifier there) Jones and Markakis were both worse at OPACY than on the road, especially Markakis (as well as relative to eye test of insiders).  Further, visitors seemed to be dinged there as well.  

Just now, BohKnowsBmore said:

I honestly have wanted that answer for years.  It seemingly was raised then swept under the rug because nobody could answer it (please correct me if I'm wrong).

IIRC (heavy qualifier there) Jones and Markakis were both worse at OPACY than on the road, especially Markakis (as well as relative to eye test of insiders).  Further, visitors seemed to be dinged there as well.  

No, I’m sure you’re right. It was talked about, but not resolved satisfactorily. And people seemed miffed. It was puzzling.

We don't need Reynolds unless Trumbo or Davis might be out long term. Alvarez+ will be fine and frankly, he deserves the shot. If either are out longer, then definitely makes sense. Just don't put him anywhere close to 3rd base or I will never be an O's fan again:)

Archived