Cobb only thread

interloper

o

OK ........ besides myself, who has gone to google and typed in the words "Alex Cobb" about 397 times over the past 72 hours since Lance Lynn and Jake Arrieta signed with other teams ???

o

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

OK ........ besides myself, who has gone to google and typed in the words "Alex Cobb" about 397 times over the past 72 hours since Lance Lynn and Jake Arrieta signed with other teams ???

o

I haven't done that, but I have refreshed MLBTR that many times...

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Ubaldo was 4/$49.9 mm.   This year is a different, weird market.   

It is.  And 4/50 is right for Ubaldo.  I typed wrong.   The Orioles just need to ummmm either  ....  or get off the pot.   Or just wait for the Yankees or Brewers or Nationals  to sign him...which is the more likely outcome. 

So we haven't been jilted yet....that's really positive!

Im having a great day...All of my final four teams are still alive...Cobb hasn't signed with anyone else and Jennifer Aniston hasn't filed a restraining order against me...

Oh, and did you guys see how good Gaus looked today?  If we only had a couple more like him we could have something.....

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It is.  And 4/50 is right for Ubaldo.  I typed wrong.   The Orioles just need to ummmm either  ....  or get off the pot.   Or just wait for the Yankees or Brewers or Nationals  to sign him...which is the more likely outcome. 

They might very well be off the pot.

58 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

lee-j-cobb-the-virginian-1962-BPA9EP.jpg

OH!  It's "Alex" Cobb?  I thought it was "Lee J."  No wonder I keep getting reruns of The Virginian!  xD

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

poop?

To be honest, I assumed that Cobb wouldn't sign for 4/50.  But apparently MLB Trade Rumors had him at 4/48.  I would do that in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

Check OH, new Cobb thread 

Check Rotoworld, nothing

Check MLB trade rumors, nothing

Check Twitter, nothing.  

Repeat.   ?

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

16 minutes ago, murph said:

Check OH, new Cobb thread.

Check Rotoworld, nothing.

Check MLB trade rumors, nothing.

Check Twitter, nothing.  

Repeat.  ?

o

God, you're worse than me.

o

3 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

It was 4/$50 mil, but who’s counting?

BB-ref and fangraphs differ.   Fangraphs has it at $11.2, $12.2, $13 and $13.5.   But BB-ref has the first two years at $11.25 and $12.25.    I concur, BB-ref is probably right.   Fangraphs also says Ubaldo had incentives of “$400K each for both 32 GS and 200 IP.”     He did start 32 games in 2015, so if I’m reading that right, he got an extra $400K on top of his guaranteed salary.

Archived