Cobb only thread

interloper

46 minutes ago, pwhite said:

This is getting crazy at this point. Any team that signs him isn't going to get him for the first month of the season essentially. I don't know if his camp is waiting for a team to have a devastating injury and get desperate or waiting until past the deadline where you lose a comp pick. 

I doubt this will happen, but at this point just wait till June 1. Nobody losses a pick. Teams are already starting to try and make trade deadline deals. Cobb would cost only money. Heck, someone could give him 15 million and he could hit FA again next year. 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I doubt this will happen, but at this point just wait till June 1. Nobody losses a pick. Teams are already starting to try and make trade deadline deals. Cobb would cost only money. Heck, someone could give him 15 million and he could hit FA again next year. 

No one is giving him 15 million June 1st.  The pick you lose isn't even a first rounder.  He will be lucky to get 7 million June 1st as he wouldn't be ready to pitch until July.  

41 minutes ago, atomic said:

No one is giving him 15 million June 1st.  The pick you lose isn't even a first rounder.  He will be lucky to get 7 million June 1st as he wouldn't be ready to pitch until July.  

He still can't be qualified next year. 

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Cobb at this point is useless to the Orioles on a 1 year deal. They will have him for basically 5 months. Trotting Wright and Tillman out there every 5 days, they will be out of it by May.

Duquette won’t be here, why does he care?

54 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

I can see Cobb and his agent listening to Wright implode today and laughing at the Orioles; knowing they need him badly.  

And the sad part is, some thought Wright had turned a corner pitching just ok against minor leaguers at the beginning of ST.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

He did some good things in Boston too. Yet he was there 10 years later to take a job no one else wanted.

I have been quite critical of DD but much of our bad decisions are on Brady and Angelos, not him.

21 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I have been quite critical of DD but much of our bad decisions are on Brady and Angelos, not him.

I've been critical about Dan in the past, but I've been pretty open that this is all on Angelos now. And I'm not a fan of Brady and how he is where he is.

3 hours ago, weams said:

Money like Tampa has spent during their run?

How has that method worked lately? They had a string of good luck that alot of draft picks panned out. It's hard to sustain success solely on building from within and trading all your guys when they get expensive. 

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

How has that method worked lately? They had a string of good luck that alot of draft picks panned out. It's hard to sustain success solely on building from within and trading all your guys when they get expensive. 

The Astros built a champion by being last. And spending no money. The Nats, not so well.

Archived