Boswell thinks Harper and others will not get $400 million dollar contracts

Going Underground

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, theocean said:

I have a major problem with taxpayers paying for a stadium that they are priced out of. That's shameful.

How are fans priced out of Camden Yards? What economic impact did keeping an MLB baseball team in Baltimore have for the city? 

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There's than fan cost index some publication runs (or ran) that tracked ballpark expenses.  I think they assumed each customer would buy a mid-range ticket, a hot dog, a beer, a hat, a pennant, a thing of ice cream, a program, pay for parking... they'd end up with a family of four spending $400 to go to a single game.  It's absolutely ludicrous.  I don't think my family of four has spent $400 on the last three games we went to combined.

Other people don't want to bring in food in or sit in the upper deck and want to have a beer or two.   400 dollars seems realistic for average family of 4 who goes a couple times a year.   The more you go probably the less you spend per game. 

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Not Trumbo at three years. 

Deja vu?

Moronic argument.  It is like saying we should have brought back Freddie Garcia and made him our DH as he would have been cheaper than Trumbo. 

Archived