A summary of our rotation

Frobby

11 minutes ago, Pheasants said:

On the other hand would it work to go with 4 starters with an intended limit of 5 innings each and fill the extra innings with the larger bullpen?  Your 4 best get more starts, know they don't have to save something for later innings, and the bullpen has 8 people to handle 4 innings per day.

This is basically what the Rays are trying to start out the year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If he pitches like last year he'll be out of the rotation by May.

Agreed.    It’s probably more dangerous if he pitches like Ubaldo, mixing in the occasional good start every time they’re about ready to yank him from the rotation.  

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Into the pen?

Trip in the parking lot and to the DL?

DFA?

What was that Earl quote, about how it sucks to be a manager because you're always the guy telling a player the worst thing of their career?  Tillman is 11th in career starts in modern Oriole history*.  But if he has a 8.00 ERA on April 28th I think he's done.  The only reason to put him in the pen would be to Arrieta/Strop him... okay maybe not the best example.  I guess Ubaldo'ing him with a 60-day DL stint would work.

* He's two slots behind Sidney Ponson.  You know Ponson had 28 complete games?  It's a strange world.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What was that Earl quote, about how it sucks to be a manager because you're always the guy telling a player the worst thing of their career?  Tillman is 11th in career starts in modern Oriole history*.  But if he has a 8.00 ERA on April 28th I think he's done.  The only reason to put him in the pen would be to Arrieta/Strop him... okay maybe not the best example.  I guess Ubaldo'ing him with a 60-day DL stint would work.

* He's two slots behind Sidney Ponson.  You know Ponson had 28 complete games?  It's a strange world.

They don't need a reason to put him in the pen.

Why put him in the pen last season?

That is just the type of stuff they do.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

I think the impact Castillo had to our pitching staff has not been discussed enough on here. Joseph will help this staff all around IMO. I am not so sure about Sisco however. I would rather have had Wynn as a backup for now.

I'd like to hear more about why folks think Castillo hurt the rotation. I mean Gausman fixed himself late in the year by changing position on the rubber, Tillman there was no helping him, Ubaldo there was no helping him, Miley perhaps something there with the outlier walk numbers, Bundy was as good as we could have hoped.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I can't find it but I think one of those CG was with around 88 pitches total. He could have been good if he want to be. Or we could have traded himf or AGon if.....well you know.

Just now, interloper said:

I'd like to hear more about why folks think Castillo hurt the rotation. I mean Gausman fixed himself late in the year by changing position on the rubber, Tillman there was no helping him, Ubaldo there was no helping him, Miley perhaps something there with the outlier walk numbers, Bundy was as good as we could have hoped.

The significant difference in CERA.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They don't need a reason to put him in the pen.

Why put him in the pen last season?

That is just the type of stuff they do.

That's the type of stuff humans do.  Not just stupid Orioles.  Like I said, Tillman is 11th in career starts for the team.  It's hard to break up.  

Archived