Beckham injury

bird watcher

6 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

It sounds good in theory but what if he is needed at 3rd for a month?  Who would be on the bench to come in at SS in that situation if Machado tweaks something?  I understand it is hypothetical at this point.  Hopefully Beckham is fine. 

But the team will have plethora of options in AAA to replace these guys if something should happen for an extended period of time. Sardinas, Tejeda, Salcedo all could fill in, albeit at a much lower standard offensively.

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

But the team will have plethora of options in AAA to replace these guys if something should happen for an extended period of time. Sardinas, Tejeda, Salcedo all could fill in, albeit at a much lower standard offensively.

Exactly.  No need to carry a player on the bench for this.  Valencia covers us for one game just fine.

7 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Exactly.  No need to carry a player on the bench for this.  Valencia covers us for one game just fine.

Yep, and you know Buck likes to use his regulars heavy. I don't see a ton of days off for Manny and Schoop so on those days, Beckam can swing over for a game or two. Valencia fills in fine at 3B and 1B.

1 hour ago, bird watcher said:

It sounds good in theory but what if he is needed at 3rd for a month?  Who would be on the bench to come in at SS in that situation if Machado tweaks something?  I understand it is hypothetical at this point.  Hopefully Beckham is fine. 

You see...we hire Hardy as a coach and when there is a need for a strong SS we add him to the roster and then drop him and keep him as a coach when Beckham returns.

Thats probably against the rules and Manny would have a diva fit if he had to go back to 3rd so obviously I'm kidding...but seriously, Hardy is still a FA, right? If Beckham needs to start the year on the DL I wouldn't be opposed to signing Hardy til he comes back as long as Hardy understands the situation.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, and you know Buck likes to use his regulars heavy. I don't see a ton of days off for Manny and Schoop so on those days, Beckam can swing over for a game or two. Valencia fills in fine at 3B and 1B.

I agree as long as Beckham is healthy they can go with Valencia. If Beckham ends up on the DL especially to start the year I think Flaherty will become their focus. 

Archived