Os checking with Dickey

interloper

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't make a lot of sense with a rotation on Bundy, Cashner, Gausman, Cobb and Tillman.    I certainly don't want Sisco trying to catch a knuckleball.    O's are about at 160m.   I don't see they adding  higher priced players now.

This tells me the Os aren’t very confident in Tillman because in the past, they would have just put Wright/Cortes, etc. Good to see though, Dickey can really help a pitching staff by eating some innings too. Love this on so many levels.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense with a rotation on Bundy, Cashner, Gausman, Cobb and Tillman.    I certainly don't want Sisco trying to catch a knuckleball.    O's are about at 160m.   I don't see they adding  higher priced players now.

I assume he would be a strict depth piece in case of Tillman disaster. Doubt they sign him, just an interesting blurb.

4 minutes ago, Ripken said:

You've spoken to Chris Tillman about this?  :P

I've not.  He chose the Orioles because of the guaranteed MLB contract though. He'll gladly take the money and go elsewhere if needed. He's on a make good this year.  

Also, he has no options. So it's not like he would not need to be waived. Pass the Giants, and be offered reassignment. Which he could refuse and still collect his full deal. And then sign with the Giants. 

12 minutes ago, weams said:

I've not.  He chose the Orioles because of the guaranteed MLB contract though. He'll gladly take the money and go elsewhere if needed. He's on a make good this year.  

Also, he has no options. So it's not like he would not need to be waived. Pass the Giants, and be offered reassignment. Which he could refuse and still collect his full deal. And then sign with the Giants. 

If he’s going to be stuck in the minors for a while, he might prefer to do it with the O’s, where the minor league cities are close by to wherever he lives in-season, and where his chances of getting recalled at some point are pretty good.   

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.    

2 minutes ago, weams said:

The Orioles seem to be sniffing the transaction wire, and otherwise looking for pitching, very hard.  Good.  I like the idea of Feldman to AAA.  There's no way Dickey would go to the minors.  You think they might consider Dickey for the pen?  At this point, for anyone we add, someone has to go.  We know they have faith in four starters.  I'm of the opinion that Wright is gone, either now or when Cobb is ready.  I wonder if they are worried about Tillman.

Archived