Final 25 Roster?

Rene88

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Melewski Mod  Steve Melewski • 4 hours ago
I take that back since Buck today indicated he made it. Seems like pitchers are Bundy, Cashner, Gausman, Tillman and No. 5 (probably either Wright or Castro). Pen is O'Day, Brach Givens, Bleier, Araujo, Cortes and whichever doesn't start between Wright/Castro.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/03/after-long-road-back-branden-kline-again-is-chasing-big-league-dream.html

16 minutes ago, weams said:

I can live with holding onto Wright if he is in the bullpen. Castro's numbers had me nervous but watching him today, I feel very good about either him or Cortes starting for a while, and possibly longer, even when Cobb comes back. I want Tillman on a short leash.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not in favor of putting folks on the DL who are not injured.

What good is putting Tillman on the DL going to do?

It seems like he is not completely right. DL would allow him to strengthen and pitch rehab games in AAA until he is better without clogging up a roster spot and hurting the team. If he never gets better, then he is gone.

I understand running Ubaldo out there because of the contract but doing the same thing with only $3M on the line is absurd.  

Just now, Aristotelian said:

It seems like he is not completely right. DL would allow him to strengthen and pitch rehab games in AAA until he is better without clogging up a roster spot and hurting the team. If he never gets better, then he is gone.

I understand running Ubaldo out there because of the contract but doing the same thing with only $3M on the line is absurd.  

He had all offseason to get right and get his strength back.  If he didn't do it then why should a DL stint fix anything?

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Very few pitchers who sustain shoulder injuries come back completely right. He said he had a regular off-season to get ready and that he felt great. Witnesses have said his arm slot is back where it was. He's lost some velocity and he'll be 30 years old on 4/15. He is as right as he is ever going to be. 

19 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Very few pitchers who sustain shoulder injuries come back completely right. He said he had a regular off-season to get ready and that he felt great. Witnesses have said his arm slot is back where it was. He's lost some velocity and he'll be 30 years old on 4/15. He is as right as he is ever going to be. 

I think he could learn the knuckle ball. 

Archived