2018 Orioles Prediction Thread

OFFNY

9 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

DD isnt going to trade Manny mid-season.

Well then he's stupid if manny walks away and we get nothing. Plain and simple. That would be completely unacceptable. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fuzzball22 said:

These predictions are shocking. From reading this board since last season I would have thought we couldn't possibly win more than 70 games. Some times I can't even read the board because of all the negativity. 

If you check the voting numbers you will see a lot of the more pessimistic posters haven't voted.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

How about a draft pick?

You're happy with a freakin draft pick for one of the best young players in the league. Are you crazy. That's ridiculous. Look what the Yankees did for their team for trading away known talent. We don't do well with draft picks anyway. I can't believe you made that comment.

9 minutes ago, joeyc said:

You're happy with a freakin draft pick for one of the best young players in the league. Are you crazy. That's ridiculous. Look what the Yankees did for their team for trading away known talent. We don't do well with draft picks anyway. I can't believe you made that comment.

xD

Not overly familiar with my posting history?

45 minutes ago, joeyc said:

We don't do well with draft picks anyway.

Remind me how we got Manny?

Yeah, I realize getting some other team’s 3rd pick isn’t quite the same as getting the no. 3 overall pick in the draft.    Just giving you a little grief.    I think we’ve done solidly in the draft in recent years.   

15 hours ago, joeyc said:

The reason I don't think playoffs and 89 or more wins is realistic is because we have to trade Manny. I don't think we can win that many games without him in the lineup.

You are experiencing existential crisis.
Simultaneously, you accept that there is only a single path to the playoffs, lead by Manny.
But, the Orioles can not have Manny, thus their potential must be denied.

Meanwhile, the return for Manny in a trade may reap no perennial replacement-level player.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Remind me how we got Manny?

Yeah, I realize getting some other team’s 3rd pick isn’t quite the same as getting the no. 3 overall pick in the draft.    Just giving you a little grief.    I think we’ve done solidly in the draft in recent years.   

Teams losing FAs still get a sandwich pick after the first round of Rule 4; they don't get the lost 3rd pick of the team that previously employed the QO'd free agent.

Archived