No WJZ games this year

interloper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

Will this affect my ability to stream the radio feed?

No, this is just for the odd Sunday game they used to air on WJZ channel 13.

Which is a bummer for people who don't have cable or like to just put on that Sunday game. Seems pretty needless to me.

Personally I stream MASN via a VPN and a paid MLB TV account. Screw Comcast, and screw not being able to choose exactly what I want to watch in a cable package. 

And screw MASN for this needless and greedy decision which will deprive hundreds of fans from watching the Orioles. It's nice that MASN allows the team to have a larger payroll, but MASN's quality is nearly enough to justify it making these sorts of moves. They can't even get the in-game statistics right.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Personally I stream MASN via a VPN and a paid MLB TV account. Screw Comcast, and screw not being able to choose exactly what I want to watch in a cable package. 

And screw MASN for this needless and greedy decision which will deprive hundreds of fans from watching the Orioles. It's nice that MASN allows the team to have a larger payroll, but MASN's quality is nearly enough to justify it making these sorts of moves. They can't even get the in-game statistics right.

I am lucky. I live in Central Pa. and Comcast gives me the Orioles-Nationals-Phillies- Pirates standard Ch.

3 hours ago, interloper said:

I completely agree.  If they think they're going to force me to buy cable this way, they've got another thought coming.  I've been a proud cord-cutter for years.  

8 hours ago, interloper said:

How can you do that since the MLB.TV app uses GPS? How do you get around that on an Android phone? Turn of the GPS? idk

MASN decisions are basically Angelos decisions, correct? To me, this decision is a slap in the face to all Orioles fans. Let me explain. First of all, not every Orioles fan has the $$ to go to the games in person. Some folks can't afford cable or MLB network so the ability to have select games on broadcast TV is a godsend. Just because people are poor doesn't mean the aren't Orioles fans. This decision disgusts me and shows how f'ed up Angelos's mindset is.

Are you seriously telling me that broadcasting 15-20 O's games a year would hurt him financially? I think the goodwill factor he'd get in Baltimore would outweigh the greed.

And yes, I am one of those poor people. I cut the cable cord two years ago and either listen to the O's on the radio or watch all the broadcast games. Now I'm stuck to only listening on FM radio. It's funny, Angelos is doing this but will gladly take the money I spend on O's merchandise. Hmmmm...

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

I'm not shocked. WJZ probably didn't want to pay up, hence why there are no games there. People forget that MASN and the O's are a multi million dollar corporation. 

Well this is kind of stating the obvious right?   The main question is why now in 2018 when it's been happening for decades previously.

Archived