Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2018

OFFNY

Just now, elgordo said:

If you wanted to sit Mancini with a LH bat because he's slumpiing, how would you do it?

Rickard or Gentry, preferably both. Isn't that why we have them? 

That said, if Mancini is hurt, he should go to DL. If he is slumping, he should continue to play. Like Davis, Schoop, and numerous other Orioles who are slumping. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That said, if Mancini is hurt, he should go to DL. If he is slumping, he should continue to play. Like Davis, Schoop, and numerous other Orioles who are slumping. 

Richard and Gentry aren't LH bats. Guys who are slumping get sat all the time, especially if they have poor splits v the SP.

1 minute ago, elgordo said:

Richard and Gentry aren't LH bats. Guys who are slumping get sat all the time, especially if they have poor splits v the SP.

Valencia is not a LH bat. What is your point? I have no problem with sitting Mancini but there are better options than Valencia at 3B.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Valencia is not a LH bat. What is your point? I have no problem with sitting Mancini but there are better options than Valencia at 3B.

The trade off is Peterson at 3B v Peterson in LF. Buck must like the splits of Peterson and Valencia over Gentry/Rickard.

4 minutes ago, elgordo said:

The trade off is Peterson at 3B v Peterson in LF. Buck must like the splits of Peterson and Valencia over Gentry/Rickard.

Pederson plays. The choice is between Valencia and Rickard. I can't believe that is even a question. You can have the last word.

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

Today's lineup is just too funny

An OF of Jace Peterson, Adam Jones, and Mark Trumbo with Chris Davis batting 4th

Who says Buck doesn't have a sense of humor.

Bundy better plan on striking out 17, aint nobody on the field going to catch anything

It's hilarious how much he "stresses" defense and then starts Trumbo in right.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

A day off can’t hurt.    He’s played 30 games in a row and has been in a funk for the last 13 games (.387 OPS).     Let him have a day to clear his head.   

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So Manny is going to get intentionally walked every plate appearance tonight.  

I don't know if it will be intentional, but if I'm Hellickson, Manny sees nothing even remotely hittable tonight.

8 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I don't know if it will be intentional, but if I'm Hellickson, Manny sees nothing even remotely hittable tonight.

o

That strategy works against everybody except for the now-retired Vladimir Guerrero, Sr.

o

20 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES )))))))) (vs. NATIONALS, 5/29) 

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - SS

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - RF

Pedro Alvarez, Jr. - DH

Joey Rickard - LF

Chance Sisco - C

Jace Peterson - 3B

Dylan Matthew Bundy - RHP )) (3-6, 4.45 ERA) *

* )) Leads the American League in Losses (6)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Jeremy Robert Hellickson - RHP )) (1-0, 2.13 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So Manny is going to get intentionally walked every plate appearance tonight ???

o

No. ) B|

o

1 hour ago, 24fps said:

I don't know if it will be intentional, but if I'm Hellickson, Manny sees nothing even remotely hittable tonight.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

That strategy works against everybody except for the now-retired Vladimir Guerrero, Sr.

o

o

And perhaps Manuel Arturo Machado, also. ))) :skeletor:

o

Archived