2018 Dylan Bundy

Il BuonO

He is giving it away a bit with the movement in his glove, but this straight change is similar to what Estrada (Tor) has, Bundy has had a 40/45 change up since arriving in Baltimore, this is a solid 50, if not a 55, with 60 upside; it’s incredibly deceptive and it has a 9-14mph drop in velocity as opposed to the split change that had a mph drop in velocity. 

Bundy has continued to reinvent himself post injury. He lost his two best pitches (cutter and high 98mph fb) and has developed an elite 70 grade slider, he’s maintained a spin rate on his fb that allows his 91-93 to play up, he’s got a nice curve ball, and now he just broke out a new change up. This is why you don’t move Bundy to the pen, this is what you hope to see from a pitcher who has the opportunity to work on things, at this level, in a lost season. 

Bundy has also throw what appeared to be one cutter, I believe he throws the cutter a couple times a game when he needs a swing and a miss, the horizontal movement is something you can see he is pulling out intentionally on occasion. It could be random movement, but I doubt it. Nevertheless, this Bundy can be a #1 or 2 at 92mph if this new change up is here to stay. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His cutter was the baby slider variant.  It probably just morphed into the slider he throws.  Not like he had a slider when he was drafted.

Ahhh that makes sense. He’d better develop a changeup. He couldn’t make it work with that curve. Otherwise, 1.5 pitch SP won’t last long. 

o

Bundy's fastest fastball tonight was 94 MPH ........ in the 7th inning, on his 100th pitch (out of 105) of the night.

His slowest fastball so far was 89 MPH, in the top of the 3rd.

He had horrible luck in his 7th and final inning of work. In addition to 2 infield singles to start the inning, he was robbed of an inning-ending double play by Steve Wilkerson at 3rd base, who only wound up getting one out because of a hesitation AND a low throw top 2nd base. Then, a routine ground ball which would have ended the inning was thrown in the dirt by ........ Steve Wilkerson.

20 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 6 Groundouts, 4 Flyouts, 2 Foulouts, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/18)

IP:lll6.67

H:llll ) l(2 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:lll  5

ER:l 2

BB:ll1

SO:ll6

Pitches: l) 105  )(69 )Strikes, )36)Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  5.37  )  162.67 IP  (97 ER) 

2018 WHIP: l)  1.395  )  162.67 IP  (227 H/BB) 

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .273  )(177 for 648)

PITCHES BY INNING  

91  lll(71 llStrikes, ll21 llBalls)

15  lll(12 llStrikes, ll31 llBalls)

81  lll(51 llStrikes, ll31 llBalls)

11  lll(11 llStrikes, lll31 llBalls)

14  lll(91 llStrikes, lll51 llBalls) 

16  lll(10 llStrikes, lll61 llBalls) 

32  lll(18 llStrikes, l14 llllBalls) *

* )) Bundy recorded 2 Outs before departing in the 7th Inning.

o

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

He is giving it away a bit with the movement in his glove, but this straight change is similar to what Estrada (Tor) has, Bundy has had a 40/45 change up since arriving in Baltimore, this is a solid 50, if not a 55, with 60 upside; it’s incredibly deceptive and it has a 9-14mph drop in velocity as opposed to the split change that had a mph drop in velocity. 

Bundy has continued to reinvent himself post injury. He lost his two best pitches (cutter and high 98mph fb) and has developed an elite 70 grade slider, he’s maintained a spin rate on his fb that allows his 91-93 to play up, he’s got a nice curve ball, and now he just broke out a new change up. This is why you don’t move Bundy to the pen, this is what you hope to see from a pitcher who has the opportunity to work on things, at this level, in a lost season. 

Bundy has also throw what appeared to be one cutter, I believe he throws the cutter a couple times a game when he needs a swing and a miss, the horizontal movement is something you can see he is pulling out intentionally on occasion. It could be random movement, but I doubt it. Nevertheless, this Bundy can be a #1 or 2 at 92mph if this new change up is here to stay. 

Idk where you’re getting these grades, but they’re generous. His current slider is a 70? Eh, no. Some games he has spotty command of it and it flattens out. 

I’ve been encouraged by his CH recently, but it’s hardly average let alone above that.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Idk where you’re getting these grades, but they’re generous. His current slider is a 70? Eh, no. Some games he has spotty command of it and it flattens out. 

I’ve been encouraged by his CH recently, but it’s hardly average let alone above that.

I get them from my eyes. Bundy’s slider is much better than many pitches that get 60s. Eh, yes. He hasn’t thrown this change up prior to today, it was excellent in the only game it’s been used in. Again, eh, yes.

1 minute ago, Cy Bundy said:

I get them from my eyes. Bundy’s slider is much better than many pitches that get 60s. Eh, yes. He hasn’t thrown this change up prior to today, it was excellent in the only game it’s been used in. Again, eh, yes.

Ah, well, if your eyes say so then of course. 

Archived