Game 3: What went right, what went wrong

Moose Milligan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wrong:  Gausman.  Low velocity, spotty command.  

Wrong:  Orioles offense

Right:  Arajuo

Right:  Not much else.

Right:  Sisco bunts against the shift for a hit.   Nice to see.   He had another hit too, a bit of a gift from the official scorer, but nice to see.

Right:  Hopefully the low pressure inning helps Brach calm down after Opening Day.

Wrong:  Beckham didn't play a bad hop very well.

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Batting Davis leadoff when it is clearly stupid and irresponsible? It’s Buck, do probably 100 games. 

I don’t think it was particularly stupid or irresponsible, but with the whole offense starting in a funk, I expect a major shakeup next game.   

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think it was particularly stupid or irresponsible, but with the whole offense starting in a funk, I expect a major shakeup next game.   

Gosh I hope so...I would prefer to see Hays here for one, but sure that time is coming. Mancini gets on base, he makes more sense at the top, but it would be interesting to do a poll. I’d go with Beckham. 

18 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Orioles - Right: Nothing ... Wrong: Everything

Twins - Right: Everything ... Wrong: Nothing

I'm just glad it's only game 3 and there's nowhere to go but up.

We play the Astros next. Honestly, they are on the best teams I have seen in the last 5–10 years. Anything is possible but I see why they are the favorites.

4 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

We play the Astros next. Honestly, they are on the best teams I have seen in the last 5–10 years. Anything is possible but I see why they are the favorites.

Anything can happen in baseball, but the Houston team is the best team I've seen as well. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

My take on CD batting leadoff: Borderline silly, panic move.  

Over the last couple of years, CD has had VERY little confidence at the plate. This should have happened during the season if he had struggled (and we were trying it for a game or two), not at the beginning. Fortunately, its not too late to fix it and move on. 

Archived