2018 Mike Wright

Frobby

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

That too.    Even Wright’s self-evaluation of this game seemed to concede he was just decent today.  

He was not throwing that hard. 91 to 93.  He certainly looked to be in command.  And he did not get rattled after the HR. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, weams said:

He was not throwing that hard. 91 to 93.  He certainly looked to be in command.  And he did not get rattled after the HR. 

As long as you got good command of your locations and can change speeds, you can succeed without the high heat.

17 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

My fear was that Mike Wright would look good in ST and deter them from signing Lynn or Cobb. We all know the real Mike Wright will return during the season when he's not facing mostly B lineups.

Wright has nothing to do with signing Lynn or Cobb, in my opinion.    His upside is acceptable fifth starter.     Lynn or Cobb aren’t going to be signed for that role.

For the record, I am still a Mike Wright fan. I may be the only one around here, but the guy just has the stuff. I am pulling for him to get it together. And, he is more than a number 5 starter if he gets it together, imo. Only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, theobird said:

For the record, I am still a Mike Wright fan. I may be the only one around here, but the guy just has the stuff. I am pulling for him to get it together. And, he is more than a number 5 starter if he gets it together, imo. Only time will tell.

I consider myself to be a fan of Mike Wright as well as all other Orioles prospects.   I hope you are right, but think you are wrong.   

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I consider myself to be a fan of Mike Wright as well as all other Orioles prospects.   I hope you are right, but think you are wrong.   

I think you are right, hopefully, this wont be another Jake, and Wright gets released by this org, and ends up with the Cubs and getting "fixed". :)

39 minutes ago, theobird said:

What stuff? He's got a decent 2 seam fastball, and that's basically it. It sits 92 and he'll throw it 94 very rarely. Slider is ok sometimes. Change is pretty bad. Curve is non-existent.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think you are right, hopefully, this wont be another Jake, and Wright gets released by this org, and ends up with the Cubs and getting "fixed". :)

Nah, Tigers. That’s where Bosio is coaching now. 

I like Wright, too, (hard not to like a guy with his family back story) but not sure about his chances. Like to see him face some tougher lineups, like in the division. Unless he’s also being kept under wraps.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s Buck’s nature to be a contrarian.   Never get on a guy too much after a bad outing, find things to nitpick after a good one.

I hear you, but Buck has been pretty consistently "meh" about Wright forever. Buck's comments on Wright have always made me think Wright wasn't very coachable. Buck usually finds something good or sort of encouraging to say about decent performances, but not so much with Wright. Granted we are reading tea leaves, but that's my impression. 

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I hear you, but Buck has been pretty consistently "meh" about Wright forever. Buck's comments on Wright have always made me think Wright wasn't very coachable. Buck usually finds something good or sort of encouraging to say about decent performances, but not so much with Wright. Granted we are reading tea leaves, but that's my impression. 

If Buck was meh about Wright, I dont think he would be given as much chances to win a starting spot in the rotation, IMO.

Or be the first man up on the norfolk shuttle the past couple of seasons.

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

If Buck was meh about Wright, I dont think he would be given as much chances to win a starting spot in the rotation, IMO.

I actually agree and think Buck's negging of Wright yesterday was more smoke screen than anything else. Plus, he's out of options and getting results. Dan is going to argue on his behalf, I think, because he doesn't want to put him through waivers just yet.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Buck isn't the only decision maker. Brady really likes Wright, for example. But I'm sure Buck is forced to use some players that he is not thrilled about every season. I'm also not saying that Buck hates Wright. The lack of praise and the "ok" type quotes after decent performances have been noticeable. I get the impression that Wright's middling "successes" often involve ignoring things that the coaches want him to do. Those old articles about Brady that included quotes from the former pitching and bullpen coaches hinted at this. I think Buck's lack of praise may be his way of saying Wright could do better if he followed the script. But again, I'm just squinting while I read quotes from Buck. I and am likely full of baloney. 

22 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

If you have to get to Boise and all you got is a 1953 Nash Rambler held together with bailing wire, that's what you take.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If you have to get to Boise and all you got is a 1953 Nash Rambler held together with bailing wire, that's what you take.

LMBO, you dont have a way with you, this is too funny.

I went to school, buddy of mine has a 66 rambler convertible (AMC).

Archived