Anybody interested in an unofficial MiL Hangout Night in Bowie on May 5?

Frobby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the border.   Who else is a possibiliy, Joey?

I spent way too much $$$ at the Nats game last night.   And I've been dealing with painful arthritis in my knee (yes, I'm 54, too damn young for that!) and all the walking associated with going to the Nats game has my knee hurting a lot today, altohugh the Aleve I took an hour ago has helped a lot.

But I have to say that the prospect of relaxing on the couch and watching a tripleheader of the Kentucky Derby, the pivotal game 5, and the O's/A's is starting to look kind of attractive to me at this point.

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Now it says 20-25% chance of rain 6:00-10:00.    I’ll go if others are still interested.    I’m out of the house but will check back at 2 to see who’s in.   

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I spent way too much $$$ at the Nats game last night.   And I've been dealing with painful arthritis in my knee (yes, I'm 54, too damn young for that!) and all the walking associated with going to the Nats game has my knee hurting a lot today, altohugh the Aleve I took an hour ago has helped a lot.

But I have to say that the prospect of relaxing on the couch and watching a tripleheader of the Kentucky Derby, the pivotal game 5, and the O's/A's is starting to look kind of attractive to me at this point.

I'm going either way.

For what it's worth, Bowie has a very good field that drains quickly, so even if there is a rain delay, it wouldn't be too long.

22 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

Hey Frobby,

Thanks again for putting this together. I was up for going but the weather looks horrible. I'm officially out as of now.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Alright, I’m going to bag it.    Will try again in a few weeks, and see if I can aim for a night when Mountcastle is back and Akin or Harvey is going to pitch.   Though seeing Means would have been OK.

Joey, sorry to abandon you after beating the drum on this for several weeks.    Have a good time and I hope Hays and Mullins go 10 for 10 and a couple of taters.   

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Alright, I’m going to bag it.    Will try again in a few weeks, and see if I can aim for a night when Mountcastle is back and Akin or Harvey is going to pitch.   Though seeing Means would have been OK.

Joey, sorry to abandon you after beating the drum on this for several weeks.    Have a good time and I hope Hays and Mullins go 10 for 10 and a couple of taters.   

No problem.

Hopefully Akron doesn't score more than 15 runs tonight...

On 5/3/2018 at 3:34 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Regarding the AA-Baysox' 4 home games on Thursday (May 3rd), Friday (May 4th), and Saturday (May 5th), and Sunday (May 6th):

The Baysox will be having back-to-back fireworks nights on Friday and Saturday. The fun doesnt end there, though.

On Thursday, the first 350 fans ages 13 and older will receive a mystery bobblehead. The bobblehead will be wrapped up and could be a bobblehead of Zach Britton, Manny Machado, Dylan Bundy, Babe Ruth, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, or others. It will truly be a mystery.

In addition to fireworks after the game Saturday, it is also Tribute to the Negro Leagues Night, which will feature appearances by former Negro League players, who will be there to sign autographs and take photos with fans. Theres even more fun to have on Saturday as its also Art in the Park Night, where fans will have the opportunity to interact with up to 10 published youth authors from Prince Georges County, and kids can help paint a mural that will be hung inside Prince George’s Stadium during the 2018 season.

Last (but certainly not least), Sunday is Character-A-Palooza, where you have the opportunity to meet and take pictures with three of everyones current favorite characters in Peppa & George, as well as Doc McStuffins.

With O’s on the West Coast, Check Out Affiliates’ Promotions

(By Josh Michael)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/05/josh-michael-with-os-on-west-coast-check-out-affiliates-promotions.html

o

o

On Mystery Bobblehead Night, the Baysox drew 3,579 fans ........ and lost the game by a score of 18-2.

Rubber Ducks 18, Baysox 2: 8-Run 1st Inning Propels Ducks to Rout of Baysox

(Beacon Journal Staff Report)

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/rubberducks-18-baysox-2-eight-run-first-propels-ducks-to-rout-of-baysox

o

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(Friday, JULY 6th)

This will be Trey Mancini Bobblehead Night, at Perdue Stadium.

The bobblehead will be given to the first 1,000 fans only. 

First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM.

https://twitter.com/shorebirds/status/998991317752479744

o

o

The Major League version of the Trey Mancini Bobblehead (the Orioles) is on Saturday, July 28th, at Oriole Park in Baltimore.

This bobblehead will be given to the first 25,000 fans only. 

The first pitch for this game is also scheduled for 7:05 PM, and the Orioles' opponent on this night will be the Tampa Bay Rays.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-giveaways-20180124-story.html

o

Archived