Orioles -13 DRS

weams

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

The Orioles were two an a half games out of first on August 6. That night the Orioles hit two grand slams in the same inning...and ultimately lost that game. After having started the season 59-47, the went 14 games versus 42 losses to finish the season in last place for the first time in the franchise's history in Baltimore.

I actually remember seeing that game on Orioles classics a couple years ago.  I think Fred Lynn hit one of those.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/27/2018 at 10:45 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Wiggins wasn't bad in 85, terrible in 86 and 87.  

I can't remember if it was the 86 team or the 87 team that was the one that fell apart.  @DrungoHazewoodknows cause I remember reading a really well written post from him about it.  They were doing pretty well and all of a sudden it just fell apart.  Then we all know what happened in 88.

I don't remember that post, but on Tuesday, August 5th 1986 the Orioles were 59-47.  They'd just beaten the Rangers 9-2, were two games out of first, Earl's team was resurgent in his comeback, everyone expected the patented Orioles late season charge.  From that moment to the end of the season they went 14-42, Earl retired for good before the season ended with his only losing season, and it was pretty much straight from there to starting '88 0-21.

Sorry, just saw Beef Supreme posted mostly the same thing Friday.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:44 PM, Moose Milligan said:

I actually remember seeing that game on Orioles classics a couple years ago.  I think Fred Lynn hit one of those.

On a side not the fact they showed that on Orioles Classics never made any sense. 

Archived