You are the Assistant GM: Trade Manny exercise

Tony-OH

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Natty said:

Whats the point in bringing in a below avg SS and prospects that don't pan out? Just so the team can say they made a trade. So what.

The Orioles traded Bedard to Seattle just so they can say they made a trade.

They also trade Koji to Texas just so they could say they made a trade.

In fact, the Yankees traded Chapman for Gleyber Torres for no other reason than to say they made a trade.

2 hours ago, weams said:

giphy.gif

So if it's the Dodgers and we are really interested in Ruiz, I'd assume White has to be in the deal

So maybe White, Ruiz/Diaz,Ferguson, and maybe Drew Jackson?

Still think I'd prefer White, Ferguson, Lux, and  Santana.

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Quickly!

Note to Boras shill Heyman, the Blue Jays are only 4.5 games out of a wildcard spot.  Donaldson may indeed be dealt, but Heyman's entire schtick has been either trade or free agent talk since early April.  It was tiresome then and even worse now.

Anyway, sun's out for a change, it may be time to fire up the grill for some sirloins for dinner.

3 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Note to Boras shill Heyman, the Blue Jays are only 4.5 games out of a wildcard spot.  Donaldson may indeed be dealt, but Heyman's entire schtick has been either trade or free agent talk since early April.  It was tiresome then and even worse now.

Anyway, sun's out for a change, it may be time to fire up the grill for some sirloins for dinner.

Agreed!

An interesting take from what appears to be a local St. Louis station on what it might take to acquire Manny.

http://www.kmov.com/story/38228099/what-might-a-manny-machado-trade-look-like-for-the-cardinals

Hypothetical trade #1: Would you trade Luke Weaver, Jordan Hicks and Tyler O'Neill for Manny Machado?

Hypothetical trade #2: Would you trade Jack Flaherty, Harrison Bader and José Martinez for Manny Machado?

Hypothetical trade #3: Would you trade Paul DeJong, Jordan Hicks and Dakota Hudson for Manny Machado?

Personally, I am intrigued by 1 or 2 (is Hicks destined to be a short inning reliever?).  I'd love Weaver and Flaherty, but that's unlikely. Not as much by three.  What say you?

28 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

An interesting take from what appears to be a local St. Louis station on what it might take to acquire Manny.

http://www.kmov.com/story/38228099/what-might-a-manny-machado-trade-look-like-for-the-cardinals

Hypothetical trade #1: Would you trade Luke Weaver, Jordan Hicks and Tyler O'Neill for Manny Machado?

Hypothetical trade #2: Would you trade Jack Flaherty, Harrison Bader and José Martinez for Manny Machado?

Hypothetical trade #3: Would you trade Paul DeJong, Jordan Hicks and Dakota Hudson for Manny Machado?

Personally, I am intrigued by 1 or 2 (is Hicks destined to be a short inning reliever?).  I'd love Weaver and Flaherty, but that's unlikely. Not as much by three.  What say you?

If I'm trading Machado there's no chance I'd settle for DeJong as the centerpiece of any deal. The best the Cards have to offer are young pitchers (Weaver, Flaherty, and Reyes). I'd make one of them the centerpiece and worry about filling the SS hole in the off season. 

3 minutes ago, Orioles1954 said:

Did someone say SirLoin?

I’d take a ribeye from BLT steak any time!

Sirloin divides this board more than a Trump steak cooked by a Trump University grad from Moscow!

On 5/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, Yardball85 said:

The Orioles traded Bedard to Seattle just so they can say they made a trade.

They also trade Koji to Texas just so they could say they made a trade.

In fact, the Yankees traded Chapman for Gleyber Torres for no other reason than to say they made a trade.

All three sentences above are wholly untrue. They are the opposite of what really happened.

Archived