Lack of infield heir apparents

FanSince88

On 5/13/2018 at 9:50 PM, Aristotelian said:

Are we sure that Mountcastle can't play 2B? He is still playing infield this year. 

Certainly, if Manny is traded, SS and 3B will be on the wish list. 

That's what I've been thinking about too. Apparently Mountcastle doesn't have the arm to play the left side of the infield and Schoop is no longer under team control after next year. Why not have him try 2B and see how he does there before moving him to the outfield where it's crowded?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Dosch in Game 1 of a double header: 2-3 with a solo home run to right center and a line drive double.

Speaking of third basemen, Trevor Craport has a HR in each of the doubleheader games for Delmarva. 6 total on the season.

Also, Renato Nunez just obliterated one for the Tides, big raw power. Not much else to his game though.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Dosch in Game 1 of a double header: 2-3 with a solo home run to right center and a line drive double.

2-3 again in the second game. At this point, there is no reason for him not to be on the major league roster over Valencia.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

2-3 again in the second game. At this point, there is no reason for him not to be on the major league roster over Valencia.

Watching a few of his ABs today, he looks like he's consciously trying to swing harder, I like it. I mean he's probably going to strike out 25-30% of the time, but if he can be a .180 ISO guy, he could be a passable regular on a second division team.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Also, there is no reason for McCoy to be behind Clare. He was the higher draft pick, has the better bat and glove. McCoy should be in Frederick.

I agree and he will be there, they're going to set McCoy up so that if he plays well this year, he'll start in Bowie next season. Same gameplan that at least Lowther and Baumann are on, half of a season or so in Delmarva, half in Frederick with the goal of starting 2019 in Bowie. 

I do think with McCoy and Lowther, they could have just started in Frederick, but oh well.

Archived