When do you think Manny will be traded?

El Gordo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Never.  Orioles boof the pooch on this because the trade packages offered aren't enough, so they keep him.  He walks, we get a comp pick.

And DD provides a company line similar to yesterday's that when you have someone competing for the MVP and Triple Crown, you don't necessarily want him off your team.  Regardless of record.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think before the season started would have brought a better return, with being able to hit him with a QO and getting a pick.

You always want to change the past.  It is impossible to trade him before the season.  I think they will get a better return at the trade deadline as the acquiring team won't have to pay 16 million dollars to Manny.  Plus they will know whether they have a chance to be a contender.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Never.  Orioles boof the pooch on this because the trade packages offered aren't enough, so they keep him.  He walks, we get a comp pick.

I'll take that action. 

6 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I think I will be on here in my Taylor Teagarden jersey counting the Manny threads. How about you?

We will still be counting all those nationals and Orioles World Series rings. 

I hadn't thought about Orioles optics as a Manny trade factor, but with Nationals Park hosting this year and the whole MASN drama, it may indeed play bigger.

That said, last year's ASG was Tuesday 7/11, and the Jose Quintana-Eloy Jimenez trade was Thursday 7/13 right as the second half began.  I hope we get done by at least that first week, and there will be time value to hearing about post-Manny possibilities, and even if sufficient offers are abundant, I'm worried about our ability to get more than one deal a week done.

16 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Orioles don't trade Machado, and they sign him to a long-term extension at season's end ........ perhaps 10 years for $275 Million.

o

If that was the price, I would be confident they'd meet it.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

If that was the price, I would be confident they'd meet it.

With or without an opt out. They are not entertaining offers. This will be the largest contract in MLB history.  Larger than Harper due to positional flexibility and defensive quality.  He has the natural body control of a ballet dancer or gymnast. 

Archived