Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

On 2/6/2018 at 8:16 PM, tntoriole said:

Duquette has been incredibly bad in trying to find anyone...and I mean anyone... to play right field since they didn’t want to give Markakis a 4th year. 

Travis Snider disaster.  Delmon Young disaster.  Urrutia disaster.  De Aza couldn’t play right.  So after all this mess, they then trade Davies for Parra...disaster. 

Trumbo out there.  Disaster.    Seth Smith was Ok but compared to these other disasters he was better.

Duquette made all of these decisions and not one of them led to anything positive in right field.   And right field is still a black hole...either rookies, rule 5  or nothing right at the moment. 

This alone made up for anything Delmon Young did in right field.  Utter joy listening to this.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, esmd said:

Admittedly, it's early, but Davies is 0-2 with a 6.75 ERA.  And that's in the NL Central, which IMO is much more pitcher friendly than the AL East.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/davieza02.shtml

Normally when something like this gets bumped its cause someone is tearing it up that was once ours.

Davies isn't that bad.  He'll get back on track.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Normally when something like this gets bumped its cause someone is tearing it up that was once ours.

Davies isn't that bad.  He'll get back on track.

Josh Hader is tearing it up, though.

Would probably thrive anywhere.

Pitching has almost unanimously gotten worse. 

Davis is the same guy now he was when Buck traded for him from Texas which really makes you question his few good seasons.

Beckham is back to stinking, Jones is about the same, Joseph is meh, Wieters got worse, manicini is good but debatable on Buck's influence on that.

I just don't know what value he is bringing to this team other than blind stubbornness (that's a value to some right?).

It's time for a rebuild and neither Buck nor Dan should be anywhere near it.

It all started with the failure to trade Britton and Manny last summer before the deadline.  Things continued downhill in September.  Manny's demand to move to SS this off season messed up the infield.  Beckham was okay, not horrible, after his trade here and contributed offensively. His move to 3B has totally messed him up  offensively and defensively.  Schoop never got untracked and then the injury.  Many on here don't like Trumbo but he is much better than Davis at the plate. He'll be returning in a few weeks. There were several free agents that had decent OBP's we could have signed with Jay being one and the Royals speedy OF whose name escapes me.  The Tillman signing was a huge mistake. 3 million plus incentives? Talk about throwing money away.  Why did Coolbaugh return as hitting coach?  Several teams replaced their hitting coaches this season with better numbers than we had. in 2017.  Power only ! We don't manufacture runs. Not part of Buck's game plan.  I believe Tom D on the post game show said in our last 40 games going back to last season we have won 9 games out of 40. It's time for some changes. Where do you start?  You know our problems really started when we decided not to let DD go to Toronto.   We have been spinning out of control since then.  Replace DD immediately with Dan O'Dowd former GM.  Tell Buck to fire  our hitting coach immediately. If he refuses tell him he will be replaced along with the coach.  Davis has to agree to a return to Florida with coaching by a top batting guru.  Three more K's last night. Enough automatic outs.  Tillman needs to be released. Many on here  will disagree but I would put Manny back at 3B and trade him before the month is over.  The Cubs and Dodgers are interested as well as others. If the Angelos sons are not meeting at the warehouse with Brady and DD to discuss major changes then they are clueless.  There is still time to turn things around. One hand is still above the water and quicksand but not for much longer. It's hard to believe it's only April 18th ! It's 2 AM and I'm thinking about this disaster. Let's hope ownership is awake as well planning major changes.

I'm not going to read this whole thread, but firing Buck would be one of those "well, we can't fire the players or the owner or go back in time and fix everything that needs to be fixed, so we'll just fire the manager.  Not that it'll change anything but maybe it'll be cathartic for a few fans" decisions.

Buck is a very good manager who's wrung a lot of wins out of flawed rosters.  I'd hate to see him tossed aside in a way that pins systemic franchise failures on a guy who embraced the team when almost no one else did.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, Frobby said:

I really like Davies, but it would shock me if he was ever a top 5 Cy Young candidate.    It’s bad enough that we traded away a solid MOR starter who had six years of service time left.    

This. How disappointing it is to have DD turn around our MLB franchise and minor leagues  processes early on only to later give away at least 3? pitchers that we didn't see enough upside in, in how they were performing in our system, yet seem to blossom elsewhere. Very disappointing. 

Archived