Watch Raffy hit a homer at 53

Rene88

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather watch Stewart, Hays, Mullins and Mountcastle.

Do you think that's good service time management for the medium term?

I'm undecided on this, and really curious to see how it gets handled.  I do see all four of these guys as potential pieces of the next good team, and also as the kind of guys who will be bad at the Show for awhile while they grow into whoever they're going to become. 

I can see the argument - if we think it's full on rebuild - to let them chase Eastern and International League championships and then be on Ronald Acuna timelines next year, if we want to get their 2025's.  The tradeoff is cutting into that 2019 wildcard probability by deferring their adjustment periods to next year.

3 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Do you think that's good service time management for the medium term?

I'm undecided on this, and really curious to see how it gets handled.  I do see all four of these guys as potential pieces of the next good team, and also as the kind of guys who will be bad at the Show for awhile while they grow into whoever they're going to become. 

I can see the argument - if we think it's full on rebuild - to let them chase Eastern and International League championships and then be on Ronald Acuna timelines next year, if we want to get their 2025's.  The tradeoff is cutting into that 2019 wildcard probability by deferring their adjustment periods to next year.

I was just talking about personal preferences not what I thought would be the best actual course of action.

Archived