Sisco up; Wynns down?

wildcard

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think the issue is that this season has long been lost. Why start a no-hit , mediocre fielding 32 year old catcher game after game over the rookie catcher you brought up. 

Because Sisco was looking like an awful fish out of water for the previous 6 weeks or whatever.   Both defensively and offensively.  Even his throws were off.   Makes perfect sense to try and get him to build up some confidence again at AAA.   We still don't know for sure if he's coming back for Wynns, but it will be interesting to hear the explanation if that's the case.  His AAA numbers so far (in only 5 games) have looked good at least.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sisco is the O's catcher of the future.   He needed a break and they gave it to him.   Caleb knows the league and is in the best position to help the pitchers by call a good game.   The pitchers still need to execute their pitches but an experience catcher can help  them.  

I have no problem with these moves.   I did think they should have waited to call up  Susac  until he was hitting better after coming off the DL.   That seem to be a screw up and Buck admitted that the move did not give Susac the best chance to succeed. 

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

I'm sure Buck has a say in who gets promoted and demoted..........but isn't it ultimately Dan's call to manage the 40 man and that kinda stuff?

I haven't seen one person mention Dan yet and I guess I'm just wondering..........

The general thinking is Buck has control over his 25-man roster and Dan has control over the 40-man roster but they consult with each other.

10 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Guess the whole "they sent Sisco down for service time" was a bad thought.

But that really makes you ask "what got him sent down originally?" 

I think there’s a reason Buck hasn’t shared.   Remember that comment about how Sisco hadn’t slept for several nights in a row?     He was in the starting lineup, then pulled, then optioned.    Something odd there for which there is probably an explanation that we’ll never hear.   

10 hours ago, Rene88 said:

I made jokes at his expense but some signs of life toward the end. I’d keep him over some other pieces. 

Are we going to keep Wilkerson up?  Because don't those two players serve the same function?

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Because Sisco was looking like an awful fish out of water for the previous 6 weeks or whatever.   Both defensively and offensively.  Even his throws were off.   Makes perfect sense to try and get him to build up some confidence again at AAA.   We still don't know for sure if he's coming back for Wynns, but it will be interesting to hear the explanation if that's the case.  His AAA numbers so far (in only 5 games) have looked good at least.

I was questioning why Wynn wasn't playing at all and Joseph was starting every day.  I don't know what good it is to bring Sisco back up if you are not playing him 75 percent of the games.  I don't know what Joseph brings to the table and 32 is very old for a catcher.  

Just now, atomic said:

I was questioning why Wynn wasn't playing at all and Joseph was starting every day.  I don't know what good it is to bring Sisco back up if you are not playing him 75 percent of the games.  I don't know what Joseph brings to the table and 32 is very old for a catcher.  

Ah ok that is a fair question.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Sisco is the O's catcher of the future.   He needed a break and they gave it to him.   Caleb knows the league and is in the best position to help the pitchers by call a good game.   The pitchers still need to execute their pitches but an experience catcher can help  them.  

I have no problem with these moves.   I did think they should have waited to call up  Susac  until he was hitting better after coming off the DL.   That seem to be a screw up and Buck admitted that the move did not give Susac the best chance to succeed. 

What is the pitcher ERA by catcher.  I don't remember seeing much better results with Caleb as the catcher.  

3 hours ago, weams said:

How has he been batting? I was of the understanding that Caleb and Wynns were competing for the MLB position. It is not doubt that Sisco is the starting catcher of the future until he busts. 

Had more hits in the same number of at bats as Susac. 

If he and Joseph were competing, it sucked as a competition. Started only 1 game since Joseph came back and only played in 3. One start, the 15 inning game, and as a defensive replacement the other night.

If it is Susac coming up, like Roch reported before deleting it, I'm really going to be pissed. I'd be better with Sisco at this point.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Had more hits in the same number of at bats as Susac. 

If he and Joseph were competing, it sucked as a competition. Started only 1 game since Joseph came back and only played in 3. One start, the 15 inning game, and as a defensive replacement the other night.

If it is Susac coming up, like Roch reported before deleting it, I'm really going to be pissed. I'd be better with Sisco at this point.

It's Sisco.

Archived