Chris Bosio

Orioles0615

I am surprised there isn't a thread about this. Should the O's hire him? He basically created Arrieta. Here is why he got fired apparently

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2018/06/28/chris-bosio-fired-tigers-pitching-coach/742383002/

Better question is would the O's even consider or have the will to hire him. I would say no. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

I am surprised there isn't a thread about this. Should the O's hire him? He basically created Arrieta. Here is why he got fired apparently

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2018/06/28/chris-bosio-fired-tigers-pitching-coach/742383002/

Better question is would the O's even consider or have the will to hire him. I would say no. 

Well, if his story is true, he has a case.   The problem will be corroborating it with whoever he was having the conversation with.   I'm sure that person was questioned, so who's to say what is happening?   

He seems to be a decent pitching coach, but he's also the one who instigated the Orioles/Mariners brawl way back when.   I'll always hold that against him!  ;)

18 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

Can't touch it. Sorry. 

Can't even say the word "monkey" without being accused of racism these days. It's pathetic. Bosio's explanation seems fine to me. I hate that people just hear a word, project some offensive context to it and then complain about it. Fired over a straw man. This is incredible if true. People have skin thinner than a strand of hair these days. Words don't hurt people. Context and intent is what hurts people and if you are unable to read those things, then they should probably just be quiet.

If Bosio isn't being truthful, I am sure someone will come out and say so soon and I hope for Avila's sake he isn't being truthful. If he really was fired for what he said he was fired for and he's telling the truth, it's absolutely pathetic. Saying "monkey" is now a fireable offense. Hilarious. If there's more to the story, I want to hear it. I really hope there is, I really do.

5 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Can't even say the word "monkey" without being accused of racism these days. It's pathetic. Bosio's explanation seems fine to me. I hate that people just hear a word, project some offensive context to it and then complain about it. Fired over a straw man. This is incredible if true. People have skin thinner than a strand of hair these days. Words don't hurt people. Context and intent is what hurts people and if you are unable to read those things, then they should probably just be quiet.

If Bosio isn't being truthful, I am sure someone will come out and say so soon and I hope for Avila's sake he isn't being truthful. If he really was fired for what he said he was fired for and he's telling the truth, it's absolutely pathetic. Saying "monkey" is now a fireable offense. Hilarious. If there's more to the story, I want to hear it. I really hope there is, I really do.

He's fired. If he wins his case, he is eligible to be hired somewhere. Never Baltimore. 

8 minutes ago, Sessh said:

I did not know the word monkey was offensive. I don't know anything about Bosio. 

Archived