Buck praises Davis for error allowing 2 runs to score

amdcpus

38 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I think this is what bothers most everyone here.  The fact that there seems to be no one holding anyone accountable.  The Yankees and Redsox fired their managers last year after success.  Some teams when things go the other way fire a pitching coach or a hitting coach or a bull pen coach.  Hell we keep comparing this year to 1988 and in 1988 the Orioles fired their manager after 6 games.

This is definitely what bothers me the most.  I am not sure how you can have a payroll our size, have 24 wins out of 85 games played, and have nobody fired, demoted, or traded.  We keep talking like all of these players will be out the door in a month but I have to see it to believe it.  Right now, its just talk.  The next thing this organization does that actually shows it is alive will be the first thing they have done all year. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Buck making excuses for veteran screw ups? Yeah, shocking.

That's what friends are for.

Seriously, what a ugly looking error. Friends or not, can't defend that play.

"Chris has been a good friend of mine," the manager said. "He's got a lot of support from the coaches and his teammates."

ESPN

5 hours ago, theocean said:

I think the entire clubhouse knows they're all gone in a month. I'm fine with Buck sweet talking Davis if that means it keeps his confidence up enough that he won't look down the third base line when he's at bat.

But once the Trade Deadline sell-off happens and the kids are up on the MLB team - Buck, or whoever is in charge, better damn sure they start a new culture of accountability. They cannot let the current apathetic clubhouse culture rub off on the new players. Chris Davis' attitude and play is the biggest representation of what is wrong with the clubhouse right now.

That will have to be done by the next GM and Manager. 

4 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

This is definitely what bothers me the most.  I am not sure how you can have a payroll our size, have 24 wins out of 85 games played, and have nobody fired, demoted, or traded.  We keep talking like all of these players will be out the door in a month but I have to see it to believe it.  Right now, its just talk.  The next thing this organization does that actually shows it is alive will be the first thing they have done all year. 

I think I've read that Angelos doesn't fire people until the offseason. You can fire Buck, DD and Brady. But what good will it do? Unless the sons make a change in how they operate. The new GM and Manager will have the same problems. 

11 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I think I've read that Angelos doesn't fire people until the offseason. You can fire Buck, DD and Brady. But what good will it do? Unless the sons make a change in how they operate. The new GM and Manager will have the same problems. 

In 2003, the Marlins started 16-22 under Jeff Torborg.  Then they hired Jack McKeon, ended the year 75-49, and won the World Series.  Dave Trembley managed us to a 15-39 record, then rightfully got fired because we pretty much lost every series we played.  Samuel came in and went 17-34.  I think we had won 4 total series through 4 months.   Then Buck comes in and magically we go 34-23.  The Reds started this season 3-15.  Price canned for being terrible.  Reds have played over .500 since Riggleman came in...same players. 

I am not saying these situations are exactly comparable.  But to do absolutely nothing under the assumption that it won't do any good to me seems very weak.  I pose the question the other way....what harm would it do?  We are on pace to go 46-116.  If doing nothing is really the best option we have, then this organization is truly hopeless. 

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

In 2003, the Marlins started 16-22 under Jeff Torborg.  Then they hired Jack McKeon, ended the year 75-49, and won the World Series.  Dave Trembley managed us to a 15-39 record, then rightfully got fired because we pretty much lost every series we played.  Samuel came in and went 17-34.  I think we had won 4 total series through 4 months.   Then Buck comes in and magically we go 34-23.  The Reds started this season 3-15.  Price canned for being terrible.  Reds have played over .500 since Riggleman came in...same players. 

I am not saying these situations are exactly comparable.  But to do absolutely nothing under the assumption that it won't do any good to me seems very weak.  I pose the question the other way....what harm would it do?  We are on pace to go 46-116.  If doing nothing is really the best option we have, then this organization is truly hopeless. 

I have to agree with this.    This team isn’t playing anywhere near its abilities, and it’s been that way all year.     The best argument for keeping Buck is if you’re hell bent on finishing with the worst record, keeping him is our best bet.    

It pains me to say that.    I loved what Buck brought to this organization.   But it’s time to change the messenger.   

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have to agree with this.    This team isn’t playing anywhere near its abilities, and it’s been that way all year.     The best argument for keeping Buck is if you’re hell bent on finishing with the worst record, keeping him is our best bet.    

It pains me to say that.    I loved what Buck brought to this organization.   But it’s time to change the messenger.   

This is an under .500 team, but I don’t think they should be a 110 loss team.

Something needs to be done to wake up the players and hold them accountable.

Archived