2019 Draft Order Tracker

bpilktree67

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Does the misery really end then?    This winter looks to be excruciatingly dull, other than finding out who the GM and manager will be.

Well, that will hardly be dull.  I expect multiple long threads on the speculation, maybe even driven by some phony insider wannabe stuff.  Free agency and all that fun is for the other clubs, not the O's; but it's been that way, with a couple exceptions, for quite a while now.

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

Well, that will hardly be dull.  I expect multiple long threads on the speculation, maybe even driven by some phony insider wannabe stuff.  Free agency and all that fun is for the other clubs, not the O's; but it's been that way, with a couple exceptions, for quite a while now.

The Orioles need to pick up some players in Free Agency. They don't have the players to staff a major league club next year.  I would hope they sign a couple of guys with very low salaries so we don't have to go through a 120 loss season next year. 

11 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I hope the Orioles win out but Kc wins just enough that the Os get the draft pick by one game. That would be entertaining. To me. ?

I'm hoping for a few wins against the Yankees, at least make it a bit more stressful on them that the WC game wouldn't be at home.  That's the closest to spoiler that we can play.  We are 6-10 against them, which is a better win% then just about any other team.  I could see the team mildly getting pumped up enough to win 1 or 2 vs them. 

If we could get to 46/47, I think I'd be ok with that (at this point, clearly not overall).  It wouldn't be too far off the norm for the year, and they are a bad team.  It would show that they are still trying, not giving up, just proving they are a bad team that is generally over matched.

11 hours ago, sevastras said:

I dunno, they drafted that one guy that is married to Kate Upton that next year. 

Classic example of the no. 2 pick turning out way better than the no. 1 pick (Matt Bush).    In those days, the picks alternated by league, with the top pick rotating leagues each year, so the Padres (64 wins) picked ahead of the Tigers (43 wins).    Justice was served when Verlander turned out to be way better than Bush.    We should be so lucky as to have our pick turn out as well as Verlander.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:34 AM, atomic said:

The Orioles need to pick up some players in Free Agency. They don't have the players to staff a major league club next year.  I would hope they sign a couple of guys with very low salaries so we don't have to go through a 120 loss season next year. 

This is exactly why I expect the Os not to be active in the FA market.  Tanking is not a one year process. Maybe some savvy minor league deals, but even mild FA acquisitions will probably be a rarity.  I’ll gladly suffer another 100 loss season for another first round pick....

Archived