Simple Manny Trade Poll

El Gordo

Simple Manny Trade Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Has he played his last game as an Oriole(ASG not included)?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nevermore said:

The idiots in the FO will continue dithering around. He's  not going to be traded at all. The Orioles will get a draft pick for him once he leaves in free agency. ?

I'll talk with you on Friday.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

If they had a deal, he wouldn't be playing at all. The given explanation makes the most sense. I can't imagine there is an agreement in place with the stipulation that he keeps playing as long as the conditions are good.

I agree with you.

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I think we have seen his last game as an Oriole, but, there is always the chance Peter sees this 2 game winning streak as the start of the turnaround, and that we will trade Mullins, Mountcastle, and Harvey for Bryce Harper to really make a final push for the 2018 playoffs.  

The sad part is this may not be a joke.  

Were you invited to his party on the 4th?

4 hours ago, Nevermore said:

The idiots in the FO will continue dithering around. He's  not going to be traded at all. The Orioles will get a draft pick for him once he leaves in free agency. ?

This^

I assume you mean "this season" because there's an off chance he might sign with us this offseason, and a (slightly higher) chance that he signs with us at some point near the tail end of his career, or that we acquire him via trade because we are in a pennant race a few years down the road.

(I also assume that whatever deal he signs will include an opt-out, so if he's playing for a terrible team, he may be on the market again as early as 2021.)

5 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I think a deal is in place. It gets finalized after the ASG. They probably are holding off because the publicity would interfere with promoting the ASG, plus PA wants Manny in an O's uni.

I agree with this, yet a part of me still thinks the FO screws it up.

5 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Angelos is bad at baseball, but to be as successful at "lawyerin", he's got to have some mathematical abilities.  In other words, he ain't that stupid.  

Angelo's went U of Baltimore law school.   I am guessing he didn't exactly excel at his undergraduate studies. 

26 minutes ago, atomic said:

Angelo's went U of Baltimore law school.   I am guessing he didn't exactly excel at his undergraduate studies. 

Not necessarily a fair assumption. But it doesn’t really matter.     You don’t need to know college math to succeed in either business or lawyering.    

Archived