Business as usual for the O's. LOL.

vikkt

11 minutes ago, LocoChris said:

So you choose now, after they actually make the right decision, to post this thread ??? Okaaaaay ........

o

My heart was hoping that Machado would not be traded, and I was expressing my desire in other threads for him to stay with the Orioles and sign a $250 - $275 Million extension ........ in spite of all of the money that they have tied up with Chris Davis over the next few years.

That is one reason why I would probably not be a good GM for any of the mid-market or small-market teams ........ I have an "I like our guys" mentality, which clearly is not prudent when running such teams with limited financial resources.

So kudos to Dan Duquette for making a sad, yet necessary decision with Manny Machado.

o

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, vikkt said:

For folks that are old enough, you are used to this kind of front office failure from the O's.

Whenever an O's squad is competitive, or they have a core group that can compete for the playoffs, I know they have about 3 years to win.  The last few years' window was a little longer (2012-2016), but you can ALWAYS count on ownership to NOT do what is necessary to win it all.  

I'm 47, so this is nothing new to me.  When I'm in my 60's I'll probably have another chance to see an Orioles championship (or at least go to the playoffs), since it's about every 15-20 years that they are competitive.  Or maybe this ownership hopefully decides to sell and someone with a winning attitude and actual "know-how" can build something here. Then it might be a little sooner.

Good Luck Manny.  I hope you finally get a chance to win a few World Series.   And in the next few years, I'll wish Adam Jones and Schoop good luck when they finally go to another organization who actually wants to win.

Business as usual would have been keeping Machado to get fans in the seats and losing him for a pick.  But nice try.

38 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I was expecting to read that the Orioles did something that went against what Dan said after the Manny trade...like trade DL Hall for Parra for a second half playoff run 

This was exactly my thoughts when I first opened this thread.

Archived