Tillman DFA

TonySoprano

Just now, atomic said:

But Tillman and our coaches haven't been able to help him figure things out.   Think for him it is best to get some new opinions.  And if no other team thinks they can fix him he is probably broken beyond repair. 

Tim Melville is god-awful. I couldn’t believe Wildcard was calling for him to be recalled earlier this season. Tillman over him for sure.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Tim Melville is god-awful. I couldn’t believe Wildcard was calling for him to be recalled earlier this season. Tillman over him for sure.

8 hours ago, Rene88 said:

There was a time in April where Melville was pitching better than any starter at Norfolk.   That time passed months ago.

3 hours ago, Natty said:

If Tillman refuses does he still get paid?

Tillman has been DFA'd.  He still has 1.15m on this contract.   He has to pass through waivers which should happen.  No one else wants to pick up that contract.   Then he O's will outrighted him to Norfolk.  If he accepts he can earn the 1.15m.   If he refuses, he forfeits the 1.15m and becomes a free agent.   He can sign with anyone for whatever they will pay him.

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Surgery for what?

I'm just saying, he won't be back in the majors and effective without some sort of surgery. No team in their right mind would take him back as is. The only reasonable excuse is Tillman hiding an injury to explain his lack of velocity and poor control. Otherwise? Not a chance.

Archived