John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

Won't he technically be a free agent starting in November either way? 

Not sure it means too much just yet.

Oh. It means something. It could be many things. Adam Jones is not a man to mince in technicalities.

10 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

If he's like me and has nothing big on his calendar for months (and let's face it, not much baseball related that's really too big for the O's now), it's probably on his mind. And I imagine there's still a lot of planning that's months ahead. Definitely he's thinking about how things could change between now and then.

He just started posting about it this morning. 

11 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

If he's like me and has nothing big on his calendar for months (and let's face it, not much baseball related that's really too big for the O's now), it's probably on his mind. And I imagine there's still a lot of planning that's months ahead. Definitely he's thinking about how things could change between now and then.

You and me. The life of Riley. Riley Pint that is. 

32 minutes ago, weams said:

Oh. It means something. It could be many things. Adam Jones is not a man to mince in technicalities.

I just mean, there isn't a trade imminent.   It could mean a few things.   Maybe they simply told him they won't resign him in the offseason due to rebuild. 

Just found out Adam is planning to accept a deal to Philly. Good friends with Santana who he golfs with each year in the DR at Ortiz’s classic. Familiar with Hunter, Arrieta, and all FO staff. Philly also is not far from the estate he moved into last month here in Baltimore.

stay tuned

Just now, Sir_Loin said:

Just found out Adam is planning to accept a deal to Philly. Good friends with Santana who he golfs with each year in the DR at Ortiz’s classic. Familiar with Hunter, Arrieta, and all FO staff. Philly also is not far from the estate he moved into last month here in Baltimore.

stay tuned

All this is assuming Os agree to a deal with Philly. My post was to point out that Adam will not use his 10/5 to block a philly deal if completed.

1 minute ago, Sir_Loin said:

All this is assuming Os agree to a deal with Philly. My post was to point out that Adam will not use his 10/5 to block a philly deal if completed.

Does it sound likely/possible or are talks not in those stages yet?

8 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

stay tuned

Gamboa

Archived