Alright...Bynum...

Moose Milligan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh? They guy had the base stolen. I can only blame the runner going to 3rd on Ramon. If that runner is on 2nd base he scores easily on the error, so of course the error matters even if Ramon doesn't throw the ball into CF.

Yea, i thought about that after I typed it...But if he is at second, does he hesitate at all so that he doesn't run into an out at third? Is Stairs still walked to begin with?

I'd pitch to him, that's just me. If we're going with the RHP crushing excuse, Mr. Rolen is hitting them to the effect of an 858 OPS this year.

Pick your poison. Walkoff via HR or single. I guess we chose the single...

Yeah there were two outs, but unless Ramon throws Rios out, the ball still goes under Bynum's glove and Rios would easily score from second with two outs.

Gotcha. I think the point is that making the play would have ended the inning though. Good point though. Rios scores from second on that boner from Bynum.

Gotcha. I think the point is that making the play would have ended the inning though. Good point though. Rios scores from second on that boner from Bynum.

This is true, but I haven't seen Ramon Hernandez do much right in the past 3 months... so I certainly wasn't expecting it tonight. It sounds stupid, but this just felt like a loss. I told my girlfriend, "They're gonna lose this game, and they're going to deserve to."

The immediate future looks pretty bleak. Funny how quickly things can change, huh?

The only move tonight I think was wrong was lifting Fahey for Payton. Fahey just had a great AB and got a big double, so you take him out for a guy who can't work the count? I understand Fahey isn't exactly Pujols, but you can't manage by reputation.

Bynum has to go. Gee wasn't Castillo impressive. Do they actually visit Norfolk and check out these guys. I thought Miller looked a lot better on TV yesterday..

I was on the Hopkins baseball team. When it rained we went to the Gym.

Only the super spoiled Lacrosse team always got the large Gym and we practiced in the wrestling room. It was 120 long , 7 feet high, and thickly padded on the floor. We actually hit in there. It was a shooting gallery. @#$%^& Lacrosse team.

That was the worst loss I've seen in a while. I've missed some of our more recent debacles.

We have plenty of people to blame for this, but I question bringing Sarfate in with runners in scoring position. He really doesn't know where the ball's going when he throws it, and once he gets behind in those situations, things can get ugly. I like him better starting off an inning.

Bynum needs to be off this team. Fahey can play -- that double he hit after fouling off a bunch of pitches got my attention.

And Ramon can't get gone soon enough. Can we get ANYTHING of value for him, and go ahead and bring up Weiters?

Unfortunately that wasn't the worst loss in the past 2 weeks.

You hope your catcher is good enough that the SS doesn't need to back him up in RF...

Even good catchers airmail the occasional throw. Middle infielders need to get the butts over there to back up... particularly if they know their catcher sucks. That's not to defend Ramon's performance at catcher at all because it has been completely unacceptable. The throw was terrible, but Rios was a little tangled up with Roberts who fell on him trying to catch the throw. It's possible that if Bynum had gotten a good jump over toward the back to back up the play, he might have been able to recover the ball in time to keep Rios at second or throw him out at third.

Archived