Could Schoop be the O's 3B of the future?

wildcard

Career: 3.7% BB, 22.3% K, .188 ISO. That’s just not screaming extend me for a team in year -2 of a 5 year rebuild. The Orioles, based on their revenue stream, should only extend guys who are projected  3+ wins per season and majority of those years covered by the extension are under the age 30 season. Everyone outside that criteria needs be flipped by year 4 of service time unless you have a team that will play deep into October.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MMussina35 said:

Career: 3.7% BB, 22.3% K, .188 ISO. That’s just not screaming extend me for a team in year -2 of a 5 year rebuild. The Orioles, based on their revenue stream, should only extend guys who are projected  3+ wins per season and majority of those years covered by the extension are under the age 30 season. Everyone outside that criteria needs be flipped by year 4 of service time unless you have a team that will play deep into October.

This is an issue for the off season.  With 6 days left before the deadline there in not enough time left to  do  a trade of Gausman, Schoop, Bundy or Given that would involve many teams and pushing them for the best deal. None of those 4 players will pass through waivers after August 1st.

13 hours ago, wildcard said:

i have no idea what Schoop would sign.   He is coming off a bad season.   I think he likes playing in Baltimore.    Who his manager will be may play into the equation.

His season’s not over yet.    A guy with his kind of power can change a bad season into a decent one in a relatively short time.   I’m not saying he will, but he could.    He’s raised his OPS by 110 points in the last 19 games and there are 60 games to go.

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

His season’s not over yet.    A guy with his kind of power can change a bad season into a decent one in a relatively short time.   I’m not saying he will, but he could.    He’s raised his OPS by 110 points in the last 19 games and there are 60 games to go.

Here's hoping the his  trend is straight up.

Archived