Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, vab said:

When did Archer sign that? Bad agent.

The Rays locked him up early, before the 2014 season when he has accrued less than one year of service time.    The kind of thing we should be doing when a talented player comes along.  

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

If its not Gausman how about a Trumbo salary dump

If he can get rid of Trumbo, I'd be ecstatic.   I truly don't mind Trumbo on the team...he seems like a good guy...he's just not a good fit for our roster.

I think it's either Gausman or Valencia. To me Trumbo seems way to far fetched (he has an outside shot in August, but not now). The Twins are having a hard enough time finding a market for Dozier, I'm not sure a market exists right now for Schoop (at least not a good enough one to move him). Valencia could go for international spending money or a low-level guy...that's an easy enough deal to make. The O's could ride the Archer wave and get teams riled up and go for Gausman as a slightly cheaper alternate (since he doesn't have as favorable of a contract).

Just now, clapdiddy said:

If he can get rid of Trumbo, I'd be ecstatic.   I truly don't mind Trumbo on the team...he seems like a good guy...he's just not a good fit for our roster.

Out of anybody on the 25-man other than Davis I'd be happiest with this move.  It would finally solve our COF defense especially if Mancini goes to DH

Just now, jamalshw said:

I think it's either Gausman or Valencia. To me Trumbo seems way to far fetched (he has an outside shot in August, but not now). The Twins are having a hard enough time finding a market for Dozier, I'm not sure a market exists right now for Schoop (at least not a good enough one to move him). Valencia could go for international spending money or a low-level guy...that's an easy enough deal to make. The O's could ride the Archer wave and get teams riled up and go for Gausman as a slightly cheaper alternate (since he doesn't have as favorable of a contract).

Dunno why, but I'm leaning to Valencia.

Just now, clapdiddy said:

Dunno why, but I'm leaning to Valencia.

I am, too, and it's because the Orioles have conditioned me to be disappointed and that would be the one move they could conceivable make with the least impact. It would be like expected a car and getting a bumper sticker.

Archived