Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

If he can get rid of Trumbo, I'd be ecstatic.   I truly don't mind Trumbo on the team...he seems like a good guy...he's just not a good fit for our roster.

Don't care about dumping Trumbo's salary. You would likely need to give up international slot money to get rid of his deal. O's will be awful next year and Trumbo's salary isn't keeping us from spending on another free agent who may make us competitive. I'm prioritizing getting good prospects over dumping salary. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Odd to see tweets like this with no indication of who the player is.

I think they team up sometimes just to be like, "Hey lets both tweet this out just to see the guys on Hangout post like crazy trying to figure it out."

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Odd to see tweets like this with no indication of who the player is.

That's why I think it's either Gausman or Valencia. Gausman whispers have been around so there's at least that. Valencia would be such a minor deal that it would make sense that the name isn't out because most are busy chasing bigger fish.

1 minute ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Don't care about dumping Trumbo's salary. You would likely need to give up international slot money to get rid of his deal. O's will be awful next year and Trumbo's salary isn't keeping us from spending on another free agent who may make us competitive. I'm prioritizing getting good prospects over dumping salary. 

I don't care about his salary, either.  I care about his roster spot.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Rays locked him up early, before the 2014 season when he has accrued less than one year of service time.    The kind of thing we should be doing when a talented player comes along.  

Agreed. Let's just hope we finally get some youngsters who are good enough to lock up for that long.

1 minute ago, jamalshw said:

That's why I think it's either Gausman or Valencia. Gausman whispers have been around so there's at least that. Valencia would be such a minor deal that it would make sense that the name isn't out because most are busy chasing bigger fish.

or a role player like Gentry, which really doesn't move the meter much

Just now, jamalshw said:

I'm still not sure I trust this guy, but I could see Givens being the guy. If they move him now, however, it better be a solid return.

Yeah, you'd have to think it would be a pretty decent return.  If it weren't, we'd probably hold off until the offseason.

Archived