Where does our MILB system rank after

LAOSfan

1 minute ago, LAOSfan said:

these trades?  And where will it likely rank assuming we sign VVM and draft Witt or Ruschman next June?  

It better be ranked way higher.  I am sick of hearing about other teams having such good farm systems and hearing about us always near the bottom.  This has gone on for too long.  If we can't be the best at the major league level, it would be nice to be the best...or just really good....at SOME level.

The depth has improved immensely, but if you want to be considered with the farms like the Padres/Braves you have to have blue chippers and as of now Baltimore has none. That will very likely change with their 1st round pick next year. At this point even with VV I'd guess somewhere in the 10-13 range.

Just now, Tryptamine said:

The depth has improved immensely, but if you want to be considered with the farms like the Padres/Braves you have to have blue chippers and as of now Baltimore has none. That will very likely change with their 1st round pick next year. At this point even with VV I'd guess somewhere in the 10-13 range.

I think you are spot on.

2 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Exactly.  We seemed to go with quantity over quality, which is not such a bad thing with pitching prospects.  I'd rather have 10 pretty good pitching prospects than 3 great ones.  Nevertheless, I was still hoping for one or two top 100 guys in the Schoop/Gausman deals.

Archived