Our Guys Have Been Horrible For Other Teams.

ORIOLE33

On 8/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, Going Underground said:

Take back what I said.Schoop is not in the lineup again today after a day off.Kind of strange.

But he is today (at SS) and had an RBI 2B'er and then scored on a single to right by sliding around the lunging Contreras.  Way to go Schoopie!  Coincidently, I just turned on the game and Schoop was on second and scored on the hit.  Unbelievable!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Not overly.    By my count, that year the O’s players missed 601 games with injuries.    That compares with  Tampa 974, New York 824, Toronto 622 and Boston 537 in the AL East that year.     

Yeah, you're right.  The 2014  team was the team that had more injuries, especially to Manny and Wieters.  It just seems like the 2015 team had a lot of injuries because it was so mediocre.

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

In a perfect world, Id MUCH rather have Manny, Gausman, Britton, Brach, and Schoop signed and in our future than the players we got for them. But this is an imperfect world.

The Manny and Britton trades had to happen, and they were very good trades according to most everyone in the know.  The other trades are more questionable, but so are the players we gave up for them.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Well so much for the woe is me "Our guys go other places and do so well why aren't they doing well for us?!?!" crap.

Well to be fair, we cant be blamed if the other teams don't even TRY to pitch em...I mean what if Chicago had played Jake at SS and then if they didn't like him just sat him?

27 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

The Manny and Britton trades had to happen, and they were very good trades according to most everyone in the know.  The other trades are more questionable, but so are the players we gave up for them.

Hope the $12 million we saved by dumping O’day to the Braves is worth more than what they would’ve gave us. The Braves have 8 top 100 prospects. Hard to believe we didn’t get one. 

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

In a perfect world, Id MUCH rather have Manny, Gausman, Britton, Brach, and Schoop signed and in our future than the players we got for them. But this is an imperfect world.

I didn't realize you felt that way, Roy. You should have spoken up.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hope the $12 million we saved by dumping O’day to the Braves is worth more than what they would’ve gave us. The Braves have 8 top 100 prospects. Hard to believe we didn’t get one. 

I figure O'Day would have been worth about 1/3 on the open market last year so the Braves saved themselves 9M worth of prospect value.  I don't have a good grasp on what the slot money is worth but I'd have to say at least another million.

5 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Roy I know you're kind of old school...but they had all those players and were still the worst team in baseball...

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Brach in for the save and shortly after leaves as the 9th-inning loser in tonight's Braves/Rockies game.

Lead off errors are never helpful, neither are walks that follow them. Brach has been good with the Braves. Today wasn't the case but if he gets that first out you never know what follows. 

On 8/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, Roy Firestone said:

If I remember correctly you wanted Davis. I think you You wanted Trumbo. Sometimes it’s better if you don’t get what you want. 

Archived